Warm Audio WA-47jr - FET Transformerless Condenser Microphone
Warm Audio WA-47jr - FET Transformerless Condenser Microphone overview from GAK
The WA-47jr from Warm Audio is a FET transformerless version of the legendary '47 condenser microphone, renown in the industry as the mic behind countless hit records spanning the last half a century. Featuring high-quality components throughout, a robust construction and three switchable polar patterns, the WA-47jr is a versatile and highly professional microphone, with the classic warm '47 tone loved the world over.
The WA-47jr's core component is its custom k47 style capsule reproduction. The WA-47-B-80v (also used on the flagship WA-47) is paired with a low-noise and discrete signal path giving the WA-47jr a similar tone to the classic '47.
The circuit found inside the WA-47jr is a modernized version of a classic '47, featuring Toshiba FET's, WIMA film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The high-quality circuit found within the WA-47jr results in superb audio quality and tone seldom found in microphones of the same price range.
With three selectable polar patterns (Cardioid, Figure Of 8 & Omnidirectional), the WA-47jr is a highly versatile microphone, able to cater to a wide range of recording requirements. The WA-47jr captures vocals beautifully, as well as guitar, bass, piano, strings and a wide range of other sources. The selectable polar patterns allow for a duet/interview recording, whilst omnidirectional works especially well when hung above drums, There are many ways the WA-47jr can be used to great effect.
Warm Audio has created a professional-grade microphone with a plethora of high-end components, its heart and soul firmly planted in the much-loved '47's of the past, a superb microphone at an extremely good price.
- • FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
- • Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v.
- • Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
- • Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
- • Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
- • High-pass filter: 70Hz
- • Pad: -10db
- • Self-noise: 9dBA
- • Dynamic range: 138dBA
- • Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
- • Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- • Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
- • Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- • Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- • Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
- • S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
- • Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
- • Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
- • 48v phantom powered
- • 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
- • Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
- • Nickel Plated
- • Weight: 1.1 lbs
- • Diameter: 52mm
- • Length: 210mm