Warm Audio WA-87 Condenser Microphone
Warm Audio WA-87 Condenser Microphone overview from GAK
The original '87 microphone has long been one of the most popular large-diaphragm microphones in popular recording history. The '87 has seen countless interpretations from mic manufacturers across the globe, however with the WA-87, Warm Audio has taken this iconic mic back to its early roots, returning to circuit designs dating back almost 50 years, the earlier carnations of which were noted for their exceptionally warm tone. Through their commercially viable manufacturing, these mics were made widely available to an all-new generation of recording artists, this being the influence behind the creation of the WA-87.
The WA-87 is made up of top of the line premium components, at its core the Warm Audio WA-87-B-50 V custom capsule is modelled after classic '87 capsules with a dual backplate/dual diaphragm design. Combined with Fairchild FETS, tantalum, polystyrene and WIMA film capacitors and the result is exceptional audio-quality, fidelity and a true vintage tone.
The WA-87 features three selectable pickup patterns including cardioid, figure of eight and omnidirectional, making it a highly-versatile microphone apt for a large number of recording scenarios. Whether recording vocals, guitar, duets and interviews, the over-head capture of drums or piano or any number of sound sources, the WA-87 can adapt and produce the recording you require.
Warm Audio has developed a microphone that delivers the same quality components and sonic results you would expect from a top-end classic studio microphone, without the Ludacris price tag.
*COMES WITH SHOCK MOUNT, HARD MOUNT AND WOODEN BOX*
- Large condenser studio microphone based on the classic “87-style” circuit
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional
- WA-87-B-50V capsule. Reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule
- Diaphragm: 6 micron thickness, 1 inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane, NOS mylar (PET film)
- CineMag USA output transformer
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125db (without pad),132db
- -10db pad
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR
- High Pass Filter: 80hz
- Noise: -117db
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard mount and wood box
- Color: nickel
No upgrades available