Warm Audio WA12 MKII Discrete Mic Preamp
Warm Audio WA12 MKII Discrete Mic Preamp overview from GAK
The Warm Audio WA12 MKII Discrete Mic Preamp is designed to enhance the signal from your audio source, with a focus on maintaining clarity whilst transforming your source material from flat to exciting, warm and rich.
The WA12 MKII is a fully discrete, dual-transformer microphone preamp, boasting a high gain of +71dB, a high headroom and low noise, the ideal preamp for vocal recordings, guitar, bass, keys, drums and many more sources.
At the heart of the
On the front panel, a 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input accommodates the recording of guitars, bass, keys and various other instruments with a 1/4" output jack. The TONE button found on the front panel allows you to change the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms, transforming the tone of both the mic an instrument/HI-Z inputs for varied applications. Adjust input gain for various instruments and sources via the two gain and output rotary knobs, each with an ultra smooth action for added accuracy. There
- Utilizes premium grade input and output USA CineMag transformers.
- 71db of Gain, fully discrete signal path.
- Utilizes a discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp. Can be replaced with other 6-pin "2520 foot-print" opamps for varying tone/flavor.
- TONE button – Switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs.
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and discrete opamp. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4″ output jack.
- Mic level balanced input: XLR.
- Balanced outputs: XLR and 1/4″/TRS.
- 48 volt Phantom Power.
- Output attenuation control (after the CineMag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation.
- LED Meter gain indication.
- 20db pad.
- External 24v AC power plug.