Warm Audio WA76 Discrete Compressor
Warm Audio WA76 Discrete Compressor overview from GAK
The WA76 Discrete Compressor is Warm Audio's faithful reproduction of the renown '76 Revision D. Featuring a fully discrete signal path and an original transformer design from Reichenbach Engineering (now CineMag), the WA76 emulates with precision the signature ultra-fast attack time and tone of the '76.
Warm Audio has carefully reproduced the circuitry of the revision D using through-hole components, high-quality transformers and a class A circuit. The WA76 also supports the "all buttons in" ratio setting, developed decades ago, this classic sound can be emulated via pushing all four ratio buttons simultaneously, resulting in a distinctly aggressive ratio curve with audible distortion or 'overdrive' on the signal.
"Our goal was to make a compressor of this pedigree affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of compressor so desirable." - Warm Audio
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- True to the Classic '76 compressor in design and performance.
- Completely discrete signal path.
- Modeled after the D revision.
- Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting.
- Ultra fast attack time.
- Class A line level output amplifier.
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating).
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz.
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs.
- 50db of gain.
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting.
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm.
- EIN -104.1 dbm.
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds.
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second.
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output.
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer.
- 19″ Rackmount chassis, 2U.
- 1-year warranty.