Yamaha BBNE2 Nathan East Bass, 5 String, Black
Nathan East has appeared on countless albums and has toured with some of the biggest names in modern music. Whether he's playing blues with Eric Clapton, pop with Phil Collins, or contemporary jazz with Fourplay, Nathan relies on his BBNE2 signature 5-string bass to deliver the tone he needs.
Featuring neck-through construction, the two-octave neck is built from maple and mahogany with an ebony fingerboard inlaid with figured abalone. Matching mother-of-pearl tuners complete the look. The unique BB body is made of maple and alder for a fat sound with plenty of definition. The BPZ-7 bridge features individual, machined saddles that provide precise intonation, a low profile, and an elegant look. The stacked Alnico humbuckers run through Yamaha's 5-control active electronics, which feature a custom 3-band EQ with a switchable mid-cut to provide sonic versatility for any situation.
- 5-Piece Neck Through design:The neck through design uses a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the maple on alder body.
- Contoured Body: Both the front and back of the bass body are contoured to provide players with a compact, well fitting instrument that offers greater playing comfort.
- Pickups: The stack type pickups are designed in collaboration with Nathan East. The Alnico V pickups include hum-canceling coils.
- Individual Bridge Pieces: The bridge consists of Individual bridge pieces that reduce interference from other string vibration delivering a purer tone.
- Active Electronics: Active electronics include a special equalizer circuit based on Nathan East's "Magic Box." The circuit lets you cut off the selected mid frequency at the touch of a switch for precision sound tailoring.
- -Pickup Balancer
- -Master Volume
- -Mid Cut Frequency
- -Mid Cut On/Off Switch
- Construction: Neck Through
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Radius: 19 11/16" (500mm)
- Frets: 24
- Body: Maple/Alder
- Neck: Maple/Premium Grade Mahogany 5 Piece
- Bridge: Yamaha BPZ-7 (No Piezo)
- Pickups: Alnico V Stack Type x 2
- Pickup Switch: N/A
- Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ, Mid Cut Frequency, Mid Cut On-Off Switch