Yamaha CBR12 Passive Loudspeaker
Yamaha CBR12 Passive Loudspeaker Overview By GAK.
The Yamaha CBR12 loudspeaker is part of the new Yamaha CBR series of passive loudspeakers. Yamaha's CBR Series are passive (non powered) loudspeakers designed by Yamaha's developers using their extensive knowledge of speaker designand acoustic technologies that they have acquired over a very long period of time. Yamaha's number one aim with the CBR12 was to make a high-power, hi def sound in a very versatile, highly portable design for all sorts of applications including front of house and floor monitoring. Yamaha combined an extensive material selection process through customisation of the audio components and a unique approach to speaker design to make the CBR series.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Custom Designed Transducers and Wide-Dispersion Constant Directivity Horn for Powerful High-Definition Sound - CBR Series speakers come equipped with carefully selected and customized transducers that feature a highly responsive woofer and a precise 2.5" compression driver (CBR15) or 2"compression driver (CBR10 and CBR12), ensuring consistent high-definition sound with minimal distortion even at high output levels. Additionally, a newly designed wide-dispersion constant directivity horn minimizes the radiation pattern deterioration in oblique directions that more conventional horns are prone to, allowing sound to expand in a more rectangular pattern, evenly dispersing wide-frequency sound to the outer-most edges of the coverage area.
- HF Protection and Highly Responsive LF Unit for Reliable Performance at Any Output Level - Have you ever blown your speakers by cranking up the output levels beyond your speakers capabilities? CBR Series speakers employ a protection function that limits excessive input to the HF unit. This valuable protection circuit affords you worry-free operation of your speakers when you need them most. Combined with a highly responsive LF unit, CBR Series speakers reliably deliver clear, precise sound at any output level.
- Rugged, Highly Portable Enclosure Design - CBR Series speakers feature a very compact, durable, and lightweight plastic cabinet equipped with newly designed, ergonomic handles that greatly minimize system transport and setup. In addition, all CBR models feature a sleek, steel front grille that seamlessly blends in with installation aesthetics while protecting the vital inner speaker components from environmental hazards.
- Simple Connectivity - CBR Series speakers are equipped with one speakON jack and one 1/4" Phone jack that allow for fast and easy connectivity in both personal and professional environments.
- Smart Enclosure Design for Floor Monitoring - The CBR Series speakers feature an optimized 50Â° wedge angle for floor monitoring. In addition, the CBR12 and CBR15's symmetrical shape allows for effortless configuration of a mirror-mode floor monitoring system for a larger and more defined sweet spot.
- Rigging Points for Installation Applications - CBR loudspeakers come equipped with M8 rigging points, allowing for rigged applications with optional speaker brackets or standardized eye-bolts.
- The CBR12 represents a perfect balance of size and performance. Ideal for front-of-house, floor monitoring or even rigged applications, the CBR12 is an ideal choice for a wide range of applications.
- Speaker type - 2-way Speaker, Bass-reflex Type
- Frequency range (-10dB) - 48 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal coverage H - 90Â°
- Nominal coverage V - 60Â°
- Components LF - 12" Cone, 2" Voice Coil (Ferrite Magnet)
- Components HF - 1.4" Voice Coil, Compression Driver (Ferrite Magnet)
- Crossover - 2.1 kHz
- Power rating:
- NOISE - 175W
- PGM - 350W
- PEAK - 700W
- Nominal impedance - 8O
- Sensitivity (1W; 1m on axis) - 96dB SPL
- Peak (Calculated) - 125 dB SPL
- I/O connectors - 1/4" Phone x 1, speakON NL4MP x 1
- Cabinet material - Plastic
- Finish - Black
- Handle - Side x 2
- Flying and mounting hardware - Bottom x 2, Rear x 1 (Fit for M8 x 15mm Eyebolts)
- Pole socket - Î¦35 mm Bottom x 1
- W - 376mm (14.8")
- H - 601mm (23.7")
- D - 348mm (13.7")
- Net weight - 13.9 kg (30.6 lbs)
- Accessories - Optional Speaker Bracket: BBS251, BCS251, BWS251-300, BWS251-400
Was really unsure whether to take the plunge and buy these. There were very little reviews about as these speakers are fairly new on the market. Have used Yamaha S112v and S115v speakers for the last 17 years and have really got used to the excellent sound and quality that they reproduce but they were starting to show signs of old age and I needed to update. The cbr12 is very light and portable, and I have been very impressed with the sound, they are very clear on the vocals and even though I had to up the lower frequencies on my music channel to get the bottom end I do desire and am used to, it handled perfectly. The price is also a bonus. I am extremely happy with my new speakers, glad I stuck with a Yamaha product and I wish I hadn't waited so long to get them.