Yamaha CXS18 LXF Passive Subwoofer
Yamaha CXS18 LXF Passive Subwoofer overview from GAK
The CXS subwoofer range from Yamaha has been designed for a perfect partnership with their CZR passive speakers.
The CXS18 XLF is a bass reflex type sub with enhanced lower frequencies and a class-leading SPL of 13dB, the result is superb clarity from ultra clean low-end bass tones, with no distortion or muddiness even at high output.
The CXS18 is built to extend your systems lower frequency down to a gut-punching 29Hz, packing
Additionally, the CXS18 LXF's SpeakON NL4MP connectors accommodate direct connection to passive speakers such as the CZR18, amplifiers such as Yamaha's own PLX series and a two input/parallel connectors to chain multiple subs for a monster bass system.
As with all new Yamaha speakers in the CZR ad DZR range, the CXS18 LXF is encased in a tough yet lightweight plywood cabinet sporting a premium grade scratch-resistant polyurea coating, this sub can survive vigorous use on stage as well as life on the road. the cabinet houses two separate sockets for pole-mounting additional speakers, one on a - 7-degree tilt and another on a flat level. The sub is also equipped with a 35mm pole sockets and the classic M20 thread socket to accommodate a full range cabinet.
- Speaker Type
- - Powered Subwoofer, bass-reflex
- Frequency Range (-10dB)
- - Passive: 32 Hz - 3kHz, Normal: 32 Hz - 150 Hz, Extend: 29 Hz - 150 Hz
- - LF 18" Cone, 4" Voice Coil Ferrite Magnet
- Power Rating
- - Noise: 500 W (EIA 426-A)
- - PGM: 1000 W (EIA 426-A)
- - PEAK: 2000 W (EIA 426-A)
- Nominal Impedance
- - 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity (1W; 1m on axis)
- - 100dB
- Peak (calculated)
- I/O connectors
- - SpeakON NL4MP x 3 9Parallel x2, Output x1)
- - Aluminium die-cast, Side x2
- Pole Socket
- - Φ35 mm (depth 80mm), M20 Threaded (depth 25mm)
- - W 550mm (21.6")
- - H 657mm (25.9")
- - D 720mm (28.4)
- Net Weight
- - 43.6kg (96.1lbs)
- - Cover: SPCVR-DXS18X, Caster: SPW-1