Yamaha DTX10K-M Electronic Drum Kit, Real Wood
Yamaha DTX10K-M E-Drum Set, Real Wood
The flagship Yamaha Electronic Drum Kit. Built for Drummers wanting only the best features and playability.
Overview By GAK
The DTX10K-M is the pinnacle of the Yamaha DTX E-Drums range. Designed for serious players that need the most professional sounds and advanced features available.
Yamaha has used distinctive technologies to create a flagship drum kit, combining the heritage of their world-class acoustic drums with innovative digital drumming specifications.
DTX10K-M Kit Configuration:
- Yamaha XP125SD-M 12” TCS Snare Pad (x1)
- Yamaha XP105T-M 10” Tom Pads (x2)
- Yamaha XP125T-M 12” Tom Pad (x1)
- Yamaha KP128 Kick Pad (x1)
- Yamaha PCY175 Pad (x1) Ride Pad
- Yamaha PCY155 Pad (x1) Crash Pad
- Yamaha PCY135 Pad (x1) Crash Pad
- Yamaha RHH135 Hi-Hat Controller
- Yamaha RS10-HXR Hex Rack System
Each drum pad featured on the DTX-10K-M uses Yamaha Birch Shells, giving an authentic look and authentic drumming integrity. The lugs, hoops and fittings on each drum shell are the same as on Yamaha acoustic drums and feature a unique “DTX Drums” badge.
Yamaha has introduced a new kick pad with the DTX10, the KP128. This 12" pad features a mesh head and multi-layer cushion head surface, offering an extremely realistic playing experience. Its robust construction also reduces unwanted movement from the bad and plays with the level of durability Yamaha is known for.
Each pad that features on Yamaha’s DTX10K-M uses a new direction for the brand. The surface is made from 2 plys of a unique weave, which feels like the coarse surface of a coated drum head. It’s an alternative to Yamaha’s usual TCS technology, which users can also opt for with the DTX10K-X.
Yamaha has also increased the size of the Ride Pad with the addition of the 17" PCY175 Pad. It performs in the exact same way as the smaller PCY125 and PCY155 versions, with improved “swing” thanks to the larger size and the cable management has been reduced to a single cable. The PCY175, PCY155 and PYC125 are all 3-zone for accurate Bow, Edge and Bell sticking and easily choke.
All these exceptional feeling pads mount to the incredibly durable RS10-HXR Drum Rack. The RS10-HXR comes with clamps for 3 toms and 3 cymbals, as well as a specific module mount, a first for the DTX Series.
Yamaha has also thought about the footprint by removing a left-hand bar to mount a Hi-Hat Stand. The RHH135 Hi-Hat Controller mounts to the HS650A Acoustic Hi-Hat Stand (included) and there is plenty of space to comfortably use a double kick pedal (sold separately).
The XP125SD-X 12" snare pad mounts to the SS662 snare stand (included), which makes for a more stable playing experience.
Powered By The DTX-PROX Drum Trigger Module
The DTX-PROX Drum Trigger Module is Yamaha’s most powerful Drum Sound Module to date. It offers totally new audio quality, packed with new sounds, recorded in some of the best studios in Europe.
The 400+ internal sounds can be treated with a host of studio effects, so users can tailor the sound of their kits to their exact needs. You can also load up to 1,000 of your own samples, meaning the DTX-PROX is ready for all drumming scenarios.
Unique to the DTX-PROX Module, are the Kit Modifier Knobs. Use these to instantly change the sound of the kit by adjusting real sampled room ambience (not just digital reverb), kit compression, and other effects in real-time.
The DTX-PROX also has up to 10 outputs for all recording or live situations, perfect for the professional player. Each channel also has EQ and Transient Adjustment, usually found in studio software, and allows you to change the attack and decay of the sound to suit your needs.
The DTX-PROX is the first Yamaha module to be equipped with Bluetooth, meaning you can connect wirelessly to other devices for music playback, specialist click apps and much more. There’s also an Aux-In for users that prefer a cabled connection.
Using Bluetooth Audio or the Aux-In is an obvious way to play backing tracks, but the DTX-PROX uses a unique feature for live work, names Live Set.
The DTX-PROX module can generate click tracks for stereo audio files stored on USB drives. The module can then send the click to the headphone output for the drummer to monitor without it coming in front of the house. Drummers and bands alike can use stereo backing tracks without having to have a separate click audio track - the DTX-PROX takes care of this for you. The click can also be routed to the individual outputs, meaning the rest of the band can hear the click through their own monitors if required.
To aid Live Monitoring even further, the DTX modules come equipped with high precision, low distortion, low noise and a high-power headphone amplifier. The circuitry delivers high-fidelity sound directly to the player and has been optimised for electronic drums. The DTX-PROX has both 6.35mm and 3.5mm headphone outputs for ease of use, whether it is headphones or in-ear monitors. The DTXPRO has 6.35mm only.
The DTX-PRO and PROX have borrowed the best practice functions from previous DTX models. There are 10 training functions that are ideal for players of all standards, as well as 37 training songs that allow you to learn various genres. Drummers of all levels will find the training functions a useful tool for daily practice.
Taken from the popular EAD10, Rec’n’Share allows you to record audio and video along with songs from your music library and then share your performances with the world.
Download the Rec’n’Share app on either iOS or Android and connect your chosen device to the DTX-PROX Module with a USB cable and an adaptor (depending on the device). It can then be used for practice or video making.
With Rec’n’Share, any track which you have on your device (which you own a copy of) can be used. Any track in Rec’n’Share can have its tempo changed and have a click added to it. You can also loop sections of the track for better practice sessions.
As well as recording your playing, the Rec’n’Share App can also be used to record drum videos, by using the audio from the DTX-PRO or PROX, and the video capture of the attached device. Videos can be trimmed and edited, mixes changed, and the final result can be easily shared directly from the app.
Each version of the DTX8 and 10 kits come with a free download code for Cubase AI. By connecting the DTX-PRO or PROX to your computer via a USB cable, all recording, editing and mixing tasks found in modern music production, can be handled by Cubase.
- XP125SD-M: 12” Mesh Head 2-Zone Snare Pad
- PCY175: 3-Zone 17” Cymbal Pad for ride cymbal with positional sensing
- KP128: 12” Mesh Head Kick Pad with multi layer cushion damping
- 3x Kit Modifier Knobs to instantly add real sampled room Ambience,
- Compression, and other Effects
- Independent Compression for every channel
- 3 Sweepable Band EQ for every channel
- Transient Adjustment for every channel
- Training Functions
- 256-note Polyphony
- 8 Individual Outputs plus Master Left and Right
- Links to “Rec’n’share” App for Android and iOS for recording,
- practising, and filming
- DTX-PROX Drum Trigger Module (x1)
- XP125SD-M 12” Mesh Head Snare Pad (x1)
- XP105T-M 10” Mesh Head Tom Pads (x2)
- XP125T-M 12” Mesh Head Tom Pad (x1)
- KP128 Kick Pad (x1)
- PCY175 17“ Cymbal-Pad (x1)
- PCY155 15“ Cymbal-Pad (x1)
- PCY135 13“ Cymbal-Pad (x1)
- RHH135 Hi-Hat-Pad on Yamaha Hi-Hat-Stand (x1)
- RS10-HXR Hex Rack System
- Power adapter, Module Holder, manual
- MIDI Interface: Both USB and 5-pin MIDI In and Out
- USB: Both for computer/tablet/phone linking and also Sample loading
- Internal Effects: Compression, Transient Control, and EQ on every channel,
- plus 2x Send Effects, plus Master Effects
- Master Out: L+R
- Individual Outs: 4x Stereo Outputs
- Headphone Connection: 6.3mm and 3.5mm
- Auxiliary Input: 6.3mm and 3.5mm
- Integrated Metronome
- Recording Function: 90 seconds internally or 90 minutes
- to USB
- Display: Yes
- Digital Output: USB Audio to Device, or record direct to USB drive
- Bass Drum Pedal Included?: No