Yamaha MG06 Compact Mixer
The Yamaha MG06 is a 6 channel mixer featuring 2 Mic, 6 Line Inputs (2 mono + 2 stereo), 1 Stereo Bus, "D-PRE" mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit, XLR balanced outputs, PAD switch on mono inputs, +48V phantom power and metal chassis.
For more than a century, Yamaha has been building a legacy of superior craftsmanship and innovation exemplified in all of our products, from an unrivalled catalog of world-class musical instruments to touring-grade professional audio. Now in its third incarnation, the MG Series embodies this pursuit of design excellence, and incorporates some of the same technologies developed for use in high-end professional consoles, including studio-quality preamps, powerful digital processing, and a rugged, reliable construction.
With an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, the MG Series boasts an extensive lineup of compact mixing consoles with models ranging from six to twenty channels, suitable for a diverse range of users and applications. For installed, recording, or live music settings, the solid construction and flexible design of these consoles lets you shape your sound with confidence, continually delivering peak performance and a level of sound quality and reliability unrivalled in its class.
- For more than a century, Yamaha has been building a legacy of superior craftsmanship and innovation exemplified in all of our products, from an unrivalled catalog of world-class musical instruments to touring-grade professional audio. Now in its third incarnation, the MG Series embodies this pursuit of design excellence, and incorporates some of the same technologies developed for use in high-end professional consoles, including studio-quality preamps, powerful digital processing, and a rugged, reliable construction.
- With an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, the MG Series boasts an extensive lineup of compact mixing consoles with models ranging from six to twenty channels, suitable for a diverse range of users and applications. For installed, recording, or live music settings, the solid construction and flexible design of these consoles lets you shape your sound with confidence, continually delivering peak performance and a level of sound quality and reliability unrivalled in its class.
- Yamaha has always strived to provide sound engineers with the purest possible signal instead of added processing or color to give it a "signature" sound, and the MG Series is no exception. Embracing this philosophy of transparent sound, these mixing consoles deliver a level of sonic purity and sound quality that is unmatched in their class.
- This is where it all starts. Everything you do as a sound engineer is dependent on the quality of your preamps, which determines the direction your mix will take, and ultimately how good it is going to sound. MG Series mixing consoles feature Yamaha's studio-grade discrete class-A D-PRE preamps, which utilize an inverted Darlington circuit comprising two cascading transistors in a configuration that provides more power with lower impedance. Delivering fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs, with very low distortion, D-PRE preamps possess an impressively wide frequency range that allow them to handle signal from any audio source without overly amplifying any specific elements of the sound. Having such a pure sonic platform to build on will ultimately save you time and effort by eliminating the need for excessive EQing or additional effects processing in order to "fix" your mix.
- The head amp determines sound quality, and op-amp integrated circuits are one of the most important parts in the head amp circuit. MG Series mixers feature new, high-quality, custommade MG01 op-amps that we developed in cooperation with the semiconductor manufacturer. Although many other Op-amps prioritize electrical design and efficiency, we worked directly with the semiconductor manufacturer to focus on sound quality first. MG01 op-amps feature redesigned circuitry in which even the internal components and wiring have been optimized, and use materials such as high-quality silicon wafers and copper wire to achieve superb resolution.
- With phantom power, MG Series consoles allow you to take full advantage of the greater frequency response and high sound quality of condenser microphones. The input channel with PAD switch accepts MIC to line level of inputs, PAD Switch attenuates high input signals that often accompany mic'ed instruments during performance, avoiding the clippingthat can seriously affect your mix.
- When was the last time you heard guitar without EQ or a completely unprocessed vocal on one of your favorite songs? Probably never. Yamaha mixers are famous for their flat response and sonic purity, but it often takes more than a perfectly-captured instrumental performance or vocal to achieve a professional-sounding mix. Equipped with some of the same state-of-the-art functionality featured on Yamaha's high-end consoles, the MG Series gives you the tools you need to produce high quality sound that is uniquely your own.
- Compression plays an essential role in just about any recording or sound reinforcement environment by altering the level of dynamics of an audio signal when you need livelier guitars, punchier bass lines, a tighter snare, or a cleaner vocal sound. However, it can take countless hours to master the complexities of even the most basic outboard compression units and use them effectively. Originally a Yamaha innovation, 1-knob compressors are now an industry standard that gives you instant access to optimized compression settings via a single rotary control.
- There's nothing more useful than reliable equalization when you need nuanced management of your tone. The MG Series benefits from Yamaha's unparalleled experience in designing pro audio gear, featuring 3-band equalizers on all mono channels for precise control of your sound. High-pass filter allows you to eliminate unwanted low-frequency noise, for a smoother, cleaner mix.
- MG Series mixers feature up to AUX sends for expanding your sound reinforcement or recording setup, allowing you to incorporate additional effects, output to external recording devices, or feed to an monitoring system. Master send controls are also provided. The MG06 / 06X and MG10 / 10XU have a single stereo bus. All other models additionally feature one or two stereo group buses and outputs that can be used for convenient channel grouping. Assign switches for the stereo and group buses are located next to each channel fader.
- All models feature high-quality Neutrik™ balanced XLR connectors on mono microphone/line channels and XLR equipped stereo channels. Each of the mono inputs is equipped with combo jack and accepts both MIC and LINE level signals. Two of the stereo inputs are equipped with XLR and two phone connectors with XLR accepting MIC level signals while two phone connectors accepting LINE level signals and can be used either mono or stereo. (except for 10ch model) The function of another two stereo channel vary depending on model:
- With 20ch model, XLR accepts MIC level signal and two RCA connectors accepts LINE level signals and can be used either mono or stereo. With 16ch and 12ch models, two phone connectors accept LINE level signals as stereo. Additionally, each of the stereo channel features 2TR in (RCA connectors) and can be used as independent input from external audio sources such as CDs. 10ch is equipped with additional stereo channel with a pair of phone jack that accepts LINE levels. With XU models, any incoming source that are sent via USB can be assigned to one of the stereo channel. In addition to the main stereo outputs (XLR L/R, TRS phone L/R), MG Series mixing consoles are equipped with a comprehensive suite of output connectors, including GROUP OUT (TRS phone), AUX/FX OUT (TRS phone), MONITOR OUT (TRS phone L/R), and HEADPHONE OUT (stereo phone) connectors, allowing master outputs to be chosen to suit specific applications such as monitoring or mastering.
- Easy-to-read LED level metering allows output levels to be monitored with precision.
- For gigging, recording, and installed applications alike, your console can be subjected to a wide range of environmental conditions and hazards. Excessive humidity, unstable power supplies, and the rigors of road travel in general can take a serious toll on a mixing console, often causing expensive, time-consuming repairs, and reducing its lifespan. The MG Series has been redesigned with an emphasis on durability, incorporating practical features that offer greater flexibility while ensuring peak performance for many years to come.
- Metal Chassis - Built to last, MG Series mixers feature a rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis, offering an unrivalled level of durability. With a sleek design contoured for optimal convection cooling, the internal layout separates the power supply from the analog circuitry for superior noise reduction, and further extends the life of the components inside. To further ensure reliable performance, knob control placement above the surface of the chassis diverts any impact or pressure on the knobs to the chassis itself and not the circuit board or components underneath.
- Internal Universal Power Supply - Thanks to a highly-efficient internal universal power supply, MG Series consoles offer worry-free operation in any region around the globe-even in environments prone to potentially damaging power fluctuations. An internal power supply also simplifies rack mounting of the console for installed applications, eliminating the need for a bulky adapter or additional connections.
- (* MG12 / 16 / 20 / 12XU / 16XU / 20XU)
- Rack Mount Kit Included - Easily adaptable to a diverse range of installed and portable applications, the 16- and 20- channel models of the MG Series included rack ears, giving you the option of a rack-mounted or desk-top configuration. Extremely durable, their sleek design makes safe, stable placement of your console hassle-free, keeping setup time and effort to a minimum.
- *Optional Rackmount kit "RK-MG12" available for MG12/MG12XU.
- XLR connector - The main stereo outputs feature XLR type connectors that lock to prevent accidental disconnection. Rugged and dependable, these professional connectors ensure providing stable signal transmission even in the most demanding environments.
- 6-Channel Mixing Console
- Max. 2 Mic / 6 Line Inputs (2 mono 2 stereo)
- 1 Stereo Bus
- "D-PRE" mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit
- XLR balanced outputs
- PAD switch on mono inputs
- 48V phantom power
- Metal chassis
- Dimensions(WÃ—HÃ—D): 149 mm x 62 mm x 202 mm (5.9"x 2.4"x 7.9")
- Net Weight: 0.9 kg (1.98 lbs.)
The product is good but GAK are advertising it with extra specs it doesn’t have