Yamaha MX61 II Synthesizer, Black
Yamaha MX61 II Synthesizer, Black
The MX61 features over 1000 Voices from the legendary MOTIF series plus deep computer and iOS integration in a compact, lightweight keyboard. MX61 WH adds a Class Compliant USB audio and MIDI driver plus unlocks the new FM Essential iOS synth app!
For keyboardists needing great sounds, computer connectivity and integration along with full-sized keys in an ultra-portable package, the MX61 is a lightweight synthesizer featuring the legendary MOTIF sound engine and computer integration. Unlike dedicated keyboard controllers with no internal sounds or hardware synths that require a separate audio interface, MX61 features a powerful synthesizer engine, deep computer DAW and iOS APP control and an integrated, Class Compliant USB Audio/MIDI interface.
- Performance Mode on the Motifs has always been the place to find instant inspiration and the MX is no different. You can easily combine two Voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons each with their own intelligent arpeggiator and a dedicated Part for a drum track to create evocative Performances that feel like a whole band is playing. The 128 Performances on the MX are all user editable, but come programmed with the latest club friendly grooves.
- But the MX doesn't just control software DAWs and VSTs; it's an audio interface as well. Just connect a USB cable to your computer and you can monitor all the sounds from your computer via the headphone output of the MX or listen to your DAW tracks by connecting the MX to external studio monitors or PA gear. The audio converters on the MX are made for professional music applications so everything on your computer -- even games -- will sound better when using the MX as the output. The MX interface is bi-directional so you can record the internal sounds of the MX directly to your computer, without ever going to the analog domain, for the highest possible quality.
- In addition to the USB audio/MIDI port, the MX has a USB to Device port so you can connect USB devices for storing MX data to external memory and even playing back wave files directly from a USB stick. If you want to add a tablet or an MP3 player to your system just connect to the AUX input using a mini stereo cable and you are ready to go.
- Over 1000 sounds from the MOTIF series
- Equipped with VCM effects
- Easy Split /Layer Performance Mode for Instant Inspiration
- 16-Part Multi timbral and 128-note polyphony
- Extensive Hands-On controls for VSTs and DAWs
- Bi-directional USB Audio/MID interfacing
- A complete suite of music production software included
- A lightweight design with a quality Yamaha keyboard
- Complete analog and digital connectivity
No upgrades available
Can't really say if it's all fine as only just got it and not gone through everything it can do. Ok so far although the effects section (Chorus, reverb etc.) seems to have a delayed effect when turning it on ? Doesn't seem to come on immediately when turned up / down ? Or maybe that's how it works ? You need to have it a while and used it extensively before being able to comment on it's ease or use and performance thus the 4 mark.
A superb keyboard, just what I am looking for. It has loads of great sounds and is very easy to use. It is geared towards being a performance keyboard, but has loads of programming possibilities as well. I am very happy with it!