Yamaha P-515 Digital Piano, Black
Yamaha P-515 Portable Piano
Brand new from Yamaha the most famous name for real acoustic pianos, the P-515 stage piano gives both the world famous sounds of the Yamaha CFX Grand and the Bosendorfer Imperial Concert Grand Piano plus a further 500 voices, with Natural Wood X (NWX) Keyboard housed in a elegant, yet compact and portable design makes the P-515 an attractive addition to your home, and a reliable, eye-catching instrument on stage.
Optional matching wood stand L-515 and a matching pedal board the LP-1 are both available.
Completely natural sound
The P-515 features two advanced technologies that allow you to enjoy exceptionally realistic, natural sound, even when listening through headphones; Binaural Sampling and Stereophonic Optimizer.
Natural Wood X (NWX Keyboard) - the feel of an acoustic grand piano
The NWX keyboard found in the P-515 features white keys made from only the best quality wood and topped with synthetic ivory. The black keys are finished in textured synthetic ebony. Furthermore, this keyboard features the true feel of the escapement mechanism found in a grand piano which the hammers away from the strings quickly after they strike them, in order to prevent any interference with string vibration - This is simply the closest thing to a grand piano without owning one in your own home or playing one on stage.
Powerful onboard speaker system
Yamaha are renowned for making exceptional speaker systems for home cinema or live sound PA using this knowhow they have included a 15w + 5w amplifiers along with a 2 way speaker system which provides an immersive, authentic piano experience with astonishing clarity. The P-515 also features a Twisted Flare Bass Port, Yamaha technology that offers a clear and precise bass sound.
The Piano Room function allows you to simply go back to the main piano sound no matter what settings for voice you are using, you can instantly call up the optimum settings for piano performance with a single button press - not only this you can adjust the parameters such as lid position, string resonance, damper resonance, touch response then apply any of the on board effects such as reverb, chorus giving you greater and richer expressive capability.
40 on board Styles gives you the ability to play the piano along with your very own on board backing band, the P-515 has various Pop and Rock, Jazz, Country, Gospel, Latin, Salsa, BossaNova and Ballad backings built in, make practice more interesting, open up your creative flow with inspiring new ideas.
Smart Pianist app allows you to control the many functions included in Yamaha digital pianos with your iOS device. Voices (sounds), rhythms and other settings can be selected right from the touch screen, making it even easier to get what you want from your Yamaha P-515. You can also save your favourite settings for quick recall at any time. The Smart Pianist can even access the songs in your iOS device’s music library and create a chart for you, so you can play along with recordings of your personal favourite song !
Bluetooth audio for wireless listening
Connect your music player via Bluetooth and instantly turn your P-515 into a high-quality speaker system to listen to your favourite songs or your favourite radio station.
Comes complete with a 5 Year Warranty from Yamaha.Two of the world’s finest grand pianos The P-515 features pianos sounds captured from Yamaha’s flagship CFX concert grand and the famed Viennese Bosendorfer Imperial grand. These pianos samples put two of the world’s finest and most prominent concert grand pianos at your fingertips.
- Dimensions Width 1336mm (52-5/8" )
- Height 145mm (14-13/16" )
- Depth 376mm (5-11/16")
- Weight Weight 22.0kg (48 lb, 8 oz)
- Control Interface
- Keyboard Number of Keys 88
- Type NWX (Natural Wood X) keyboard: wooden keys (white only), synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, escapement
- Touch Sensitivity Hard2/Hard1/Medium/Soft1/Soft2/Fixed
- Display Type Full Dots LCD
- Size 128 x 64 dots
- Panel Language English
- Tone Generation Piano Sound Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial, CFX Binaural Sampling
- Binaural Sampling Yes (CFX Grand Voice only)
- Key-off Samples Yes
- Smooth Release Yes
- VRM Yes
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 256
- Preset Number of Voices 40 Voices + 18 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices
- Types Reverb 6
- Chorus 3
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) Yes
- Stereophonic Optimizer Yes
- Functions Dual/Layers Yes
- Split Yes
- Duo Yes
- Overall Controls Metronome Yes
- Tempo Range 5 – 500
- Transpose -12 – 0 – +12
- Tuning 414.8 – 440.0 – 466.8 Hz (approx. 0.2 Hz increments)
- Rhythm 40
- Storage and Connectivity
- Storage Internal Memory Total maximum size approx. 1.4 MB
- External Drives USB Flash Memory (optional)
- Connectivity DC IN 16V
- Headphones Standard stereo phone jack (x 2)
- Sustain Pedal Yes
- Pedal Unit Yes
- MIDI In/Out
- AUX IN Stereo mini jack
- AUX OUT [L/L+R][R]
- USB TO DEVICE Yes
- USB TO HOST Yes
- Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers (15 W + 5 W) x 2
- Speakers (Oval (12 cm x 6 cm) + 2.5 cm (dome)) x 2
- Power Supply
- Power Supply PA-300C or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Power Consumption 15 W
- Auto Power Off Function Yes
- Included Accessories Music Rest Yes
- Pedal/Footswitch FC4A
- Songs (Audio)
- Recording Time 80 minutes/Song
- Compatible Data Format Recording WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo)
- Playback WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo)
- Songs (MIDI)
- Preset Number of Preset Songs 21 Voice Demo Songs + 50 Classics
- Recording Number of Songs 250
- Data Capacity Approx. 500 KB/Song
- Format Playback SMF (Format 0, Format 1)
- Recording SMF (Format 0)
Wow! Now let’s get on the stage. Very impressive!
Great keyboard. Have moved from a Tyros 1 to a full keyboard and the difference in Grand sampling is amazingly accurate. Very happy with my choice. A little heavy on the action but no doubt I will get used to this. Check out some of the reviews on Youtube.
wonderful product that lives up to my expectations
Great piano, but why on earth did they not put mains power into it?! It needs a stand alone power supply. Pedal connector into the keyboard feels a bit flimsy.
Love it, great