Yamaha RSP02T Revstar Professional Electric Guitar, Crisp Gold
Yamaha RSP02T Revstar, Swift Blue
Fantastic Japanese-crafted solidbody electric guitar with a carbon-reinforced construction, versatile switching options and a sleek café racing-inspired look.
The Yamaha RSP02T Revstar is part of the flagship Professional line, sitting right at the top of the acclaimed Revstar range. All Professional models boast Japanese craftsmanship, ensuring a truly premium, professional-level instrument. The distinctive Hanko mark on the back of the headstock serves as a symbol of Revstar’s Japanese heritage and a distinctive seal of quality. As with all Yamaha Revstar guitars, this solid-body electric guitar delivers a massive tone and effortless playability that stands out from the pack.
At the heart of the Revstar RSP02T and its rich, resonant natural voice are its select tonewoods and innovative construction. The RSP02T’s body and neck are carved from Mahogany, a classic tonewood that’s widely praised for its singing highs, thick mids and punchy lows. The Mahogany body is topped with a Maple cap, which enhances tonal clarity and note definition. Like with all 2022 Revstar models, the Mahogany has been chambered with Yamaha’s unique Acoustic Design process. As well as improving resonance and tone, this process also optimises balance and reduces weight for a comfortable playing experience whilst standing up.
Aside from the superb Japanese build quality, what sets the Revstar Professional models apart from the Element and Standard ranges is the carbon reinforcement. Both the chambered body and the neck have been carbon-reinforced for superior stability, vibration transfer and weight relief.
The Mahogany neck is topped with a Rosewood fretboard and 22 Jumbo frets for that seriously slick playability that modern players demand. Whether you’re executing emotive string bends, elegantly swept arpeggios or chugging chords, you can count on this neck to feel exceptional. The back of the neck features a satin-smooth finish for a truly inviting, played-in feel. The set-in construction promotes sustain and string vibration for a more “alive” tone.
Alnico V P-90s
Yamaha have equipped the Revstar RSP02T with a pair of Alnico V, P-90-style single-coil - a clear, punchy VP5b in the bridge position and a warm, articulate VP5n in the neck. Control is catered for by the Master Volume, Master Tone and the 5-way selector switch. Positions 2 and 4 present a fresh take on “in-between” tones by slightly delaying the opposite pickup.
The RSP02T is outfitted with Yamaha’s Focus Switch, a passive boost that emulates the sound of an overwound pickup by increasing mid and bass frequencies. The Focus Switch can be engaged on the fly by reaching for the Master Tone knob, which doubles as a push-pull switch.
If juicy humbuckers are more your thing, the RSP20 and RSP20X are also available in a wide variety of finishes including Moonlight Blue, Sunset Burst, Swift Blue and Rusty Burst Charcoal (which features an anodised gold scratchplate).
We highly recommend the Yamaha Revstar RSP02T if you’re a serious guitarist that wants a professional-quality, double-cut electric guitar that can deliver a wealth of inspiring tones and exceptional playability on stage or in the studio.
- Built in Japan
- Café racer-inspired finish
- Chambered maple and mahogany body
- Carbon-reinforced neck and body
- 2 P90-style pickups
- 5-Position pickup selector
- Passive Focus Switch
- Hardshell case included
- Construction: Set-in
- Scale Length: 24-3/4" (628.6mm)
- Body Top: Maple
- Body Back: Chambered 2pc Mahogany, Carbon Reinforcement
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: 3pc Mahogany, Carbon Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Materials: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (304.8mm)
- Fret wire: Jumbo Stainless steel
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut materials: PPS
- Neck Width: @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret 41.9 / 56.8 mm
- Thickness: @1st Fret / 12th Fret 21.0 / 23.9 mm
- Neck Pickup: VP5n (P90 type Single coil / Alnico V)
- Middle Pickup: N/A
- Bridge Pickup: VP5b (P90 type Single coil / Alnico V)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push-Pull "Focus Switch")
- Pickup Switch: 5-Position Lever Switch
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Tremolo Arm: N/A
- String spacing: 10.5mm
- Tailpiece: Racing Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-ply (Cream or Black)
- String gauge: D'Addario EXL110 / 0.010-0.046
- Case: Hardshell case
- Special Features: I.R.A. Treatment