Yamaha YC73 Stage Keyboard and Drawbar Organ
Yamaha YC73 Stage Keyboard and Drawbar Organ
73 Key Drawbar Organ & Stage Keyboard with Balanced Hammer Standard keyboard
The YC73 is the ideal model for the keyboardist who wants to cover the widest possible range of sounds. And that with a still compact size, a very comfortable transport weight, and direct and intuitive access to all important parameters for sound design. Using the MIDI Master Mode the larger keyboard range already allows three Split Zones, using internal sounds and in combination with external sound generators. Another criterion that should not be underestimated is the fact that not every keyboardist needs a keyboard with 88 keys or is used to it from a piano. The “Balanced Hammer Standard” keyboard of the YC73 lies in a pleasant “middle” between the other two keyboard versions.
The stage keyboard for organists The drawbar organ is widely considered one of the most expressive instruments in contemporary music. With the YC73, Yamaha offers a compact, lightweight, yet versatile and authentic keyboard featuring nine drawbars, allowing for lively performances with the exciting sound of the VCM technology. Flexible in its application and smartly designed down to the very details, the YC73 is the perfect stage instrument for live keyboarders and organists.
True organ feel with waterfall keyboards Organ sounds are iconic, but as with every other instrument, the organ always depends on the artist’s performance. The Yamaha YC73 offers organists exceptional tools for immaculate performances. The waterfall keyboard has been developed from the ground up and has just the right amount of resistance for the best playing feel. The drawbars have been optimised for haptic feedback, too. Being partially transparent, they also allow for effortless reading of the LED indicators independent of the drawbars’ positions. The artist always has a clear view not only of the position of the hardware drawbar, but also of the setup that is currently active.
Organs and beyond: sonic versatility for demanding gigs The Yamaha YC73 has been optimised for organ sounds. It is not limited to this already vast set of sounds, though: high-quality piano and synthesiser sounds can also be played. For example, the YC73 already comes with two premium Yamaha concert grands: CFX and S700. A whole host of electric pianos in the tradition of classic FM synthesis enhances the instrument’s capabilities even more, preparing discerning keyboard players for all live applications.
Fits perfectly into the Yamaha SC-YC73 Softcase for YC73 Drawbar Organ.
- - YC61 61 keys, semi-weighted waterfall keyboard (initial touch)
- - YC73 73-key BHS (Balanced Hammer Standard) keyboard: matte black keytops
- - YC88 88-key NW-GH3 (Natural Wood Graded Hammer) keyboard: synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- Tone Generation
- Tone Generation Technology - VCM Organ, AWM2, FM
- Polyphony (max.) VCM Organ + AWM2: 128*, FM: 128
- *Total of VCM Organ and AWM2
- Voices Number of Live Set Sounds - 160 (Preset Live Set Sounds: 80)
- Number of Voices - 145 (Organ: 6 / Keys: 139)
- Insertion Effect:
- - Organ 1 system (pre drive)
- - Key A 2 systems (1: 32 types, 2: 32 types)
- - Key B 2 systems (1: 32 types, 2: 32 types)
- Effect: 32 types
- Speaker/Amp: 6 types (Rotary Speaker: 2 types, Amp: 4 types)
- Master Equalizer: 3-band (with sweepable mid)
- Display Type - Full Dot LCD (128 × 64 dots)
- OUTPUT [L]/[R] (XLR jacks, BALANCED)
- OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks, UNBALANCED)
- [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack)
- INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- FOOT CONTROLLER /
- FOOT SWITCH [SUSTAIN]/[ASSIGNABLE]
- MIDI [IN]/[OUT]
- USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE]
- [AC IN]
- Size/Weight Dimensions (W × D × H)
- YC61 896 mm × 309 mm × 108 mm (35-1/4” × 12-3/16” × 4-1/4”)
- YC73 1086 mm × 355 mm × 145 mm (42-3/4” × 14” × 5-11/16”)
- YC88 1298 mm × 364 mm × 142 mm (51-1/8” × 14-5/16” × 5-9/16”)
- YC61 7.1 kg (15 lb, 10 oz)
- YC73 13.4 kg (29 lb, 9 oz)
- YC88 18.5 kg (40 lb, 13 oz)
- Included Accessories
- YC61 Owner’s Manual × 1, Power cord × 1
- YC88 & YC73 Owner’s Manual × 1, Power cord × 1, Foot pedal (FC3A) x 1
- The contents of this table apply to the latest specifications as of the printing date.
- Since Yamaha makes continuous improvements to the product, this guide may not completely apply to the specifications of your particular product. To obtain the
- latest manual, access the Yamaha website then download the manual file.