Zoom F2-BT Field Recorder with Bluetooth
Overview by GAK
The F2-BT features the same amazing recording quality and form factor as the F2 with additional Bluetooth capabilities. With Zoom’s free F2 Control app, you can use the F2-BT to wirelessly start/stop recordings, display battery levels, adjust output volume, control lo-cut and more. The Bluetooth option is especially useful if you’re working with video, as you can pair the F2-BT with a Bluetooth-enabled timecode synchronisation device.
The Zoom F2 and it’s Bluetooth enabled sibling the F2-BT are a high-quality, one-stop portable recording solution. Thanks to the included LMF-2 omnidirectional lavalier microphone and powerful WaveLab editing software, you’ll be able to accurately capture your field recordings, voice-overs, podcasts and more with ease.
The F2 and F2-BT’s innovative 32-bit float recording tech is capable of withstanding the loudest audio sources without any clipping and will also record quieter signals with pristine detail - with zero gain adjustment required! Once the provided lav mic is plugged in, all you need to do is press record. The F2 and F2-BT’s screw-lock connectors keep the lav mic nicely secured and the handy HOLD switch prevents any recording mishaps by keeping the recording going until its deactivated.
Before you start recording, you’re able to choose the ideal format to record with to suit your needs - 44.1 kHz/32-bit float or 48 kHz/32-bit float mono WAV files.
The included LMF-2 omnidirectional lavalier microphone gets you up and running, boasting a low-profile design that can accurately capture high-quality audio. It also comes with a windscreen and lapel mic clip in case you’re interviewing someone al fresco.
Zoom provides a useful companion software called the F2 Editor, that gives you the ability to easily transfer files, adjust settings, format SD cards and more via USB connection.
The F2-BT can handle your extended sessions thanks to its battery life of up to 14 hours with two AAA batteries.
You can store up to 512GB of recording data by using an additional microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC card.
With a free download licence for Steinberg’s WaveLab Cast software, you can get the most from your recordings with a diverse array of comprehensive editing, mixing and refinement tools.
In addition, the WaveLab Cast software allows you to optimise the recordings you make with the Zoom F2 or F2-BT for Podcasting (connect directly to Spreaker and Podbean, publish episodes quickly), Audio for Video (automatically extract the audio from a video file, edit it with software tools then reattach it to the video) and Field Recording (with a high-end resampler, you can also use Restore Rig to remove noise and unwanted sounds then export the file in any common format).
Overview by Zoom
DON’T BE FOOLED BY ITS SIZE
The F2 is incredibly small, but its audio quality will amaze you.
AUDIO ON AUTOPILOT
The F2 features 32-bit float recording technology, allowing you to record the loudest audio signals without worrying about clipping. It will also record the quietest signals in beautiful detail. And the best part is you don’t have to worry about setting the gain. Just plug in the lav and hit record.
Once you start your recording, use the F2’s HOLD switch to ensure you don’t accidentally stop recording.
LOCK ‘N LAV
Screw-lock connectors keep your lav plugged-in securely no matter the situation.
PERFECT YOUR LINES
With the F2 actors can record and playback their lines to perfect their delivery.
ALSO AVAILABLE WITH BLUETOOTH CONTROL
The F2-BT comes with built-in Bluetooth. And with the free Zoom F2 Control app the F2-BT can wirelessly start/stop recordings, display battery levels, adjust output volume, control lo-cut and more.
You can also pair the F2-BT with a Bluetooth timecode synchronization device to receive and write timecode to recorded files. See Bluetooth Control features here.
THE F2 EDITOR
The F2 Editor for PC and Mac allows you to adjust settings, format SD cards and more. Simply connect your F2 or F2-BT via a USB cable and launch the editor. The USB connection also makes it easy to transfer files to your computer.
NARRATION AND VOICE OVER
Whether a stroll through your garden, or the whispers and shouts of a dramatic reading, the F2 provides crystal clear recordings.
The F2 can record up to 15 hours (14 hours on the F2-BT) with two AAA batteries.
Record on microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC cards up to 512GB.
The LMF-2 omnidirectional lavalier microphone has a low-profiled design, captures high-quality audio, and includes a windscreen and lapel mic clip.
The F2 Field Recorder gives you the option to choose the recording format that works best for your projects. Choose from 44.1 kHz/32-bit float or 48 kHz/32-bit float mono WAV files.
The F2 Is Perfect For Recording Interviews Anywhere
FREE EDITING SOFTWARE
The Zoom F2 comes with a free download license for Steinberg’s WaveLab Cast software. WaveLab Cast helps you finalize your project with a wide range of comprehensive editing, mixing, and refinement tools.
WaveLab Cast connects you directly with podcast directories, such as Spreaker or Podbean. You can upload episodes quickly, plus directly create and publish RSS feeds.
Audio for Video:
Import your video file and WaveLab Cast will automatically extract the audio. You can use the editing tools to lower unwanted noise, change levels and remove loud sibilants. Metering options allow you to build new tracks, fade-in your music, use EQ and compression. Re-attach the audio to the video file using WaveLab Cast’s export functions.
WaveLab Cast supports up to 96KHz audio quality and includes a high-end re-sampler. RestoreRig removes noise and unwanted sounds. You can assemble new files using the snap functions and crossfade options. Once you’re done, export your sound files in any popular audio format.
For information on license activation and upgrades, visit our Steinberg Software support page.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
Here’s what you get.
F2 or F2-BT Field Recorder
LMF-2 Lavalier Microphone
3 - WSL-1 Windscreen
MCL-1 Mic Clip
2 - AAA Batteries
WaveLab Cast Software
F2/F2-BT Operation Manual
- Light and compact audio recorder
- 32-Bit Float recording for full dynamic range and clip free recording
- No gain adjustment necessary
- Records 44.1kHz/32-bit float or 48kHz/32-bit float audio files
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- 80 Hz low cut filter
- High precision internal clock (±0.5ppm) to avoid audio and video syncing issues
- Wireless timecode synchronization
- Records directly to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 512 GB
- USB-C for connection to F2 Editor for settings
- Built-in Bluetooth for connection to the F2 Control app for settings adjustment and remote transport control (F2-BT model only)
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 14 hours of operation with two AAA alkaline batteries
- *F2-BT connection to UltraSync BLUE device by Timecode Systems is required.
- Lavalier mic
- Connector: 3,5 mm stereo mini (with screw lock)
- Directionality: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: –32 dB/Pa at 1 kHz
- Maximum sound pressure input: 115 dB SPL
- Cable length: 160 cm
- Connector: 3,5 mm stereo mini (with screw lock) Supports plug-in power (2.5 V)
- Input impedance: 2 kΩ or more
- Maximum input level: -5,5 dBu
- Connector: 3,5 mm stereo mini (with screw lock)
- Maximum output level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32 Ω load)
- Recording media:
- Cards compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC specifications (Class 4 or higher, 512 GB maximum)
- Recording formats:
- WAV, 44.1kHz/32-bit float, 48kHz/32-bit float Mono, BWF format supported WAV
- USB Typ-C
- Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- Mass storage operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- PC app operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- 2 AAA batteries (alkaline, lithium or rechargeable NiMH batteries)
- AC adaptor
- Bluetooth Ver4.2 (F2-BT only)
- Continuous recording time
- when LMF-2 lavalier mic connected (48 kHz/32-bit float) and using F2 Control
- Alkaline batteries: about 14 hours
- NiMH batteries (750 mAh): about 10 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 18 hours
- The above values are approximate. Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- External dimensions: 57,5 mm (w) x 46,4 mm (D) x 22,4 mm (H)
- Weight (main unit only): 32 g