Zoom F8n Pro Multitrack Field Recorder Overview
32-Bit Float Multitrack Field Recorder
Recording of the next generation 32-bit float is the game-changer. The F8n Pro uses dual A/D converter stages and professional preamps to record audio at the highest quality - without having to adjust the preamplification! The F8n Pro records in BWF-compatible WAV format with up to 32-bit resolution and a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz.
The F8n Pro offers three outputs for external devices, headphones and for camera connection. With your headphones, you can monitor the tracks pre- or post-fader, check the levels and adjust the panorama of the signals. With 8 inputs and 10 tracks, the F8n Pro can record highly complex audio material and opens up new possibilities in post-production.Internal Processing
The F8n Pro offers flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs, phase inversion and mid-side decoding. It also offers high-pass filtering to reduce wind and other ambient noise. In addition, delays can be set up in the inputs and outputs
Secure timecode Ensure perfect synchronisation of your tracks. Even when switched off, the F8n Pro's temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) generates timecode with an accuracy of 0.2 ppm.
Stay focused - with Zoom AutoMix™. Zoom AutoMix keeps you on top of the action by automatically leveling your mix to reduce ambient noise.
Six-second audio The Pre-Record function allows you to check your surroundings and settings by recording as little as 6 seconds before you press the RECORD button.
Record And Stream - Simultaneously You can connect the F8n Pro to your computer as an audio interface and feed the inputs individually to your favourite DAW or streaming software, while recording tracks to the internal SD card.
Using the F8 Control App, you can check signals, adjust levels, operate transport controls, enter metadata and much more using your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth.
Advanced control options
The Zoom F-Control (FRC-8) provides more flexibility on field shoots. With 60 mm faders and controls for trim, pan and track ready, the FRC-8 is indispensable for professional filmmakers.
The F-Control is sold separately
The F8n Pro’s Ambisonics mode provides precise A-to-B decoding and balanced gain-linking to capture spatial audio for VR, AR and more.
Download the FREE Zoom Ambisonics Player software to easily decode and edit 360º audio.
Double the storage
Parallel recording to two SD cards with capacities up to 1TB lets you work completely independently from the moment you start recording
The F8n Pro is ready for long days of filming and remote field shoots with multiple power options and high storage capacity.
Use eight AA alkaline batteries for 5 hours of operation, or connect the supplied AD-19 AC adapter.
Alternative power supply
External 9-18 volt DC batteries can be used via a 4-pin Hirose connector.
Scope of delivery
- F8n Pro Field Recorder
- ZOOM AD-19 DC 12 V power supply unit
- Operating instructions
- 32-bit float recording technology
- 8-channel 10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 8 separate inputs with lockable Neutrik XLR/TRS combo jacks
- High-quality microphone preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu
- Switchable XLR and TRS inputs with +4 dB and mic/line switching
- Zoom AutoMix™ software
- Accurate timecode input and output (0.2 ppm on and up to 0.2 ppm off) via conventional BNC connectors; drop-frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8 x type AA batteries, external DC battery with Hirose connector or 12 V AC power supply (type AA batteries and DC battery not included)
- High-pass filter, phase inversion and centre/side decoder
- Input delay up to 30ms per channel / output delay up to 10 frames per output
- Two balanced mini-XLR main outputs (TA3) and stereophonic sub outs as 3.5 mm mini jacks
- Separate headphone output (100 mW) with volume control on the front panel
- Backlit 2.4" full-colour LCD with monochrome mode
- Separate PFL display with visible trim settings
- Two SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots for media up to 1TB each
- Recording in BWF-compliant WAV format
- Support for extended meta data (BWF and iXML); creation time, date, project, scene number etc.
- Operation as USB audio interface with 8 inputs/4 outputs
- Free ZOOM F8 Control app for iOS for wireless remote control, file naming and metadata entry
Stagg SAC3PS DL Balanced Stereo Jack Cable, 3m/10ft
Stagg SMC3XP Female XLR to Mono Jack Cable 3m/10ft, Black
Numark HF125 Professional DJ Headphones, 6.3mm Jack