Zoom H4n Pro Handy Portable Recorder, Black
Brilliant Four-Track Audio Recording for Music, Film, Podcasting and Beyond
Please note: this device does not include an SD card
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with built-in X/Y Stereo Microphones
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE MIC PREAMPS same as pro-acclaimed H5/H6
- IMPROVED NOISE FLOOR (-120 dBu EIN) to capture at lower volume
- NEW LOCKING COMBO JACKS XLR or 1⁄4" balalaced/unbalanced
- ONBOARD MULTI FX Newly voiced effects modeled on flagship G5n
- ZOOM FORM FACTOR new rubberized, ergonomic body & backlit white LCD
- The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera.
- The H4n Pro provides the essential combination of mic’ing versatility, portability, and superior audio necessary for impactful storytelling. With support for plug-in power, you can use a lavalier to mic up your subject for podcasts or interviews. Record time-stamped WAV files to sync with video footage in post-production, or embed superior audio directly on your video in real-time through a ⅛" stereo feed.
- The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as our acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
- A stereo ⅛" Line/Phone Out, with dedicated volume control, allows for headphone monitoring or connection to your DSLR, while the built-in monophonic speaker allows for quick playback reference. In addition, a USB port enables fast file transfer, firmware updates, and use as a 2-in/2-out audio interface for computers.
- The two locking combo connectors accept either XLR or ¼" balanced/unbalanced phone cables, handling mic- and line-level signals as well as instrument-level signals. Phantom Power of +24 or +48 volts can be applied to both inputs. Plus, there’s a stereo 1/8” Mic jack for external audio sources, including lavalier microphones requiring 2.5 volts of plug-in power.
Exactly what I expected and needed. No issues and happy!
I initially got a Tascam DR 20 to replace a very old zoom H4 and found it inferior quality in many ways. So returned it. Amazon were asking 40 more than Gak for a zoom h4 pro and didn't have any in stock. I had never used GAK before and was a bit weary - I shouldn't have been excellent service it fine, delivered by DPD and on time - with the option of picking a delivery slot. Will use them again. Oh and the new Zoom it fair better than the Tascam.
The silver finish is better for use in dimly lit areas, and it is cheaper, the layout is intuitive but loading an SD card can take time, You tube has some good tutorials on its site. The manual could be better if it was in portrait rather than landscape, adobe acrobat & pdf files allow this.
Very reliable device and easy to use
Does exactly what it says on the box.