Zoom R24 Portable Recorder
Zoom R24 Portable Recorder
The Zoom R24 is a portable 24 track recorder, interface, control surface and sampler. Record on the go using 6x AA batteries or in the studio in conjunction with your favourite DAW as an 8in/2out audio interface and control surface (Mackie Control Emulation). Use the R24 as a full studio with over 135 DSP effects, such as amp models, modulation effects and mastering algorithms. The R24 features 8 XLR/TRS combo jack sockets which feature mic/line level inputs plus dedicated headphone monitoring. You can also use and power 6 phantom power microphones simultaneously Have freedom to mix your recordings on the fly with independent pan, level and EQ for all 24 tracks and play back up to 24bit/96kHz.
Link 2 R24s together for up to 16 tracks of recording and 42 tracks of playback.
- Record 8 tracks simultaneously with 24 track playback
- Audio interface with 8-in/2-out capability
- Control surface for all major DAW functions
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks)
- Drum machine with 10 kits and velocity sensitive pads
- Large 1.9 inch LCD shows waveform information
- High sensitivity stereo mics built in
- 8 combination XLR/phono input jacks
- Hi-Z compatible input
- 6-channel simultaneous phantom power supply capability
- 135 DSP effects including guitar amp simulations
- Support for SDHC cards for up to 32 GB
- USB based sync capability for two R24 units allows 16-track simultaneous recording and 48-track simultaneous playback
- Runs for about 4 hours on six AA batteries
- Sleek design only 35 mm high
- The R24 Digital Recorder, Sampler, USB Interface and DAW Controller - Combines a 24-track recorder, audio interface control surface capability, drum machine and sampler functions.
- The Zoom R24 is great for live and studio applications. Simultaneous 8-track capability and Playback up to 24 tracks using it's 16/24 bit linear WAV format and 44.1 or 48kHz sampling rate.
- The R24 functions as an audio interface enabling direct input of sound to a computer. Support for high quality 24-bit/96kHz encoding ensures great sound. Eight input channels and two output channels can be used simultaneously. If you use the sampling rate of 44.1kHz, the internal DSP effects of the R24 are also usable on your computer track. A dedicated control lets you adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring.
- Transport and mixing operations of the DAW software can be controlled using the R24. This gives you greater control and a better feel for mixing. In Mackie control emulation mode, major DAW applications such as Cubase, Logic and Sonar are supported.
- Specify a range from any track to use as loop material. Then play them in real time with trigger playback using the drum pads, or use the onboard sequencer to build the loop structure for a song. Recording on another track while playing loops is also possible, seamlessly blending the recorder and sampler functions.
No upgrades available
love it. r24 does so much. it is quite easy to use. but has endless possibilities so taking my time to read the book also lots of tutorials on youtube. check them out.
GREAT UNIT DOSE EXACTLY WHAT I WANT EASY TO USE AND SET UP
Compact, stylish, full of useful features and seems to be well put together. If it lasts as long as it's predecessor (also a Zoom product ) it will be money well spent.
Seems to be very good so far, but it's going to take me a long time to use it enough to come to any firm conclusions. Not sure the free Cubase LE software is sufficiently good for my needs, but it does interface well with the R24. Just need to get it working with my software of choice now.