Ableton Push 2 Controller
Ableton Push 2 Product Overview By GAK
There are many control solutions for the highly successful LIVE series of software by ABLETON and they come in many guises shapes and sizes dependent on your needs and of course your budget. However the only truly complete all in one solution is the superb and newly refined Ableton PUSH 2. Push is the ideal Ableton controller for performers and song writers. Creating music has never been so fun! The main control panel makes it easy to find sounds, effects and deeper editing functions plus the pads are extremely playable.
Designed and manufactured by ABLETON themselves, they have taken a level of care and attention to detail never before seen in a controller. Evidence of this is obvious as soon as you power PUSH 2 up. The feel of the ultra responsive RGB pads, the beautiful full colour OLED display and the general built quality belies an overall feel and responsiveness not found anywhere else.
PUSH 2 enables you to easily play and program beats, harmonies and melodies. The new sampling menu offers incredible, intuitive workflow allowing you to slice samples across the pads, time stretch your samples or trigger single hits. With Push 2, browsing and previewing is now much easier plus the new full colour animated display offers you a better view of your controls. The pads are now even more responsive with velocity and pressure sensitivity. The hardware overall feels better and more robust. Push 2 was designed to work seamlessly with ABLETON offering hands on control of one of the most popular DAWs on the market today. The passion the dedicated team at ABLETON have for their product is evident from the moment you open your new PUSH 2. Click Here to check out our latest Ableton Jam night at the GAK shop in Brighton.
What is Ableton Push?
Push basically allows you to use your Ableton Live software as an instrument, enabling you to control every part of the software. It provides a hands on experience and a much more tactile approach to making music with a computer.
Is it possible to use Push as a standalone instrument?
No, it must be used in collaboration with Ableton Live.
What's new in Push 2?
There are many updates in the new Push, these include; a larger, higher resolution display, more sensitive and responsive pads, improved beat slicing and sampling to name a few.
What's new in Live 9.7?
More slicing features, 16 velocities, hands on audio and midi routing and visual feedback for better recording and performance.
Can you DJ with Push?
Yes, it's possible to use Push within your DJ set up to bring more interesting elements into your set.
- Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 9.5
- Play or step sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
- New sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
- Large multicolour display adapts to show what you need
- 64 sensitive and playable backlit pads
- 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
- Clip launch mode for live performance and arrangement recording
- Scales mode offers unique approach to playing notes and chords
- Includes Live Intro for new users
- -Push hardware
- -100-240VAC, 50/60Hz with interchangeable heads for North/Central America & Japan (Type A), China (Type A & I), Europe (Type C), UK (Type G), Australia & New Zealand (Type I)
- -USB cable 1.40m (55.12 inches)
- -Quick Start Guide Download version of Live 9 Intro
- -Width: 370mm (14.57 inches)
- -Depth: 293mm (11.54 inches)
- -Height (body): 26mm (1.02 inches), (body encoders): 46mm (1.81 inches)
- -Weight: 2990g (6.6 pounds)
- -External Power: 12V DC 1.25A
- -USB Power: 5V/0.5A
- -Two pedal inputs
- -Kensington Lock
- Shell - The upper shell is a thick but lightweight plate of anodised aluminium
- -Soft silicon pads, carefully calibrated to respond perfectly at any velocity
- -RGB backlighting
- Buttons - The control buttons gently click and are lit with white or multi-colored LEDs to indicate a variety of states
- Encoders - High-resolution endless encoders that respond to touch
- Display - The high-resolution RGB display is bright and clear at any viewing angle and under any lighting
- -17cm touch strip for pitch bend/scrolling
- -31 LEDs for navigation