Jobs at GAK
Thank you for your interest in working for an independent, fast-growing and exciting Musical Instrument retailer, like GAK. The Guitar, Amp & Keyboard Centre is both an international e-commerce business, as well as the owner of our world-famous GAK Store.
Whether you are looking to work in Retail, Purchasing, Logistics, Finance, Marketing or many other sectors, GAK promise to provide the support and development to thrive within our business. Many of our staff started as part-time or juniors and have worked their way to the upper echelons of the business!
GAK is also a fantastic way to stay connected to the Music Industry, due to the very nature of the products we sell. A large number of our employees have studied music at degree level and love that they can earn a living around things they enjoy. There is also a hoard of company benefits, including:
- Staff Discount and Option To Order Direct From Suppliers
- Staff Loan of Gear
- Bonus & Commission Schemes (Position Dependant)
- Option For Flexible Working Hours & Working From Home (Position Dependant)
- Staff Pension
- Optional Private Healthcare
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Access To employeebenefitschoice.com
- Access To Supplier Training Portals
- Regular Staff Parties & Team Building Events
- North Laine Traders Discount
Previous employees have gone on to join the likes of Fender, Ashdown, Boss/Roland and even built their own studios, rehearsal rooms or find success in a band/as a session player. GAK is a brilliant place to thrive and use your passion for music as a way to pay the bills.
So, if you think you have what it takes to succeed in one of the world’s busiest and most vibrant independent music retailers, then drop us a line.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Below is the start of your potential career with us, so take a look at the vacancies we have listed and hopefully we will see you working for us soon - Good luck!
Mail Order Sales Operative - Full-time, Permanent
We are looking for a Mail Order Sales Operative to join our high-energy sales team. Reporting directly to the Mail Order Manager, the role requires you to be able to talk to customers on the phone fielding inbound and outbound calls, online through our live chat feature and via email.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to make sure customers are given tailored quotes, ensuring they purchase everything they need.
- You will be required to contact suppliers to find out delivery dates for stock and update customers.
- You will be a confident, “people-person” who is willing to go above and beyond to make sure the customer gets the very best service at all times.
- You will have good computer skills, be used to using live chat instant messenger, be able to work both individually and in a team.
- Advising customers on the best instrument to meet their needs and budget.
- Over the phone sales on a broad range of products, on-site and off-site training will be given on all product categories.
Salaries: Dependant on experience.
The interview process will start with a phone interview, followed by a video with the final stage being face to face.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] stating the job title in the subject.
Sales Assistant (Drum Department) - Full-Time, Permanent
We are looking for a full-time sales assistant to work in the Drum department of the legendary Guitar, Amp & Keyboard Centre in the heart of Brighton’s historic North Laine district.
The successful candidate will have a passion for music and the skills needed to thrive in a busy retail environment. You will need to be able to work as a member of our Drum team, have good personal and time management skills, and knowledge products from our key retail partners, such as Roland, Pearl, Yamaha, Gretsch, and many more. A wide range of product knowledge is essential, ranging from acoustic to electric drums and accessories and cymbals, enabling the candidate to advise on all aspects of drum equipment. The role is full-time and you will be expected to work weekends.
- Managing and monitoring stock.
- Helping to make sure the shop floor and all displays are always kept clean, tidy, and well presented.
- You will be a confident, "people person" who is willing to go above and beyond to make sure the customer gets the very best service at all times.
- You will have good computer skills, be confident using live chat instant messenger, and work both individually and as part of a team.
- Confident in demonstrating and advising customers on the best music equipment to meet their needs.
- Over the phone sales on a broad range of products, on-site and off-site training will be given.
So, if you think that you have what it takes to succeed in one of the world’s busiest and most vibrant independent music retailers, then drop us a line.
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Salary: Dependant on experience.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to d[email protected] stating the job title in the subject.