AKG C214 Stereo Pair Condenser Microphone Set
Build on the success of the new C 214 and the big demand AKG launched the C 214 Stereo Set. The rugged construction of the C 214 delivers a highly detailed and accurate sound not only in the studio, but on the road as well. The introduction of the Stereo Set provides users with a complete solution that delivers outstanding performance and excellent quality from a pair of C 214's which comes complete with a comprehensive range of accessories.
Realistic stereo recordings require microphones with outstanding performance and excellent quality. It also requires performance consistency and accurate localization from the pair of microphones. Therefore, every factory-matched pair of C 214's is created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method and the result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity for stunning, three-dimensional recordings.
The C 214 uses the cardioid-only version of the legendary C 414 large diaphragm microphone which has been awarded several times and used on thousands of hit records. Since its introduction in 1971 it has been on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over.
The new C 214 captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system which results in an cardioid-only design with an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414. The Ultra-Low Noise electronics are capable of handling up to 156 dB SPL but also enable for voice and orchestral instruments as well thanks to a low noise floor. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a 20 dB attenuation pad and a low cut filter. The C 214 stereo set comes complete with two spider-type shock mounts, two stand adapters, two windsocks, a stereo pair certificate and a rugged metal carying case.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Absolutely perfectly matched stereo pair thanks to AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- A factory-matched pair of large diaphragm microphones for stunning, three-dimensional recordings
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- The cardioid-only version of the original C 414's capsule delivers AKG's Legendary Large Diaphragm Sound
- Roadworthy Design, All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Comes complete with Spider-type Shock Mounts, Stand adapters, and Windscreens, a stereo pair certificate and Metal Carrying Case
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Signal/noise ratio: (A-weighted) 81 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0/-20 dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope: 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable