AKG H 85 Shockmount
- The outside ring has been reduced in diameter from 120 mm (4.7 in.) to 100 mm (4 in.).
- The color has been changed from black to dark gray.
- The clamping range has been increased from 22 - 26 mm (0.87 - 1.02 in.) to 19 - 26 mm (0.7 - 1.02 in.) to accommodate microphones with cylindrical or conical bodies or connectors including, e.g., the AKG Blue Line and ULS Series.
- The H 85 shock mount keeps a lower profile than the H 100 and therefore looks better on the microphone.
- The H 85 also matches several other AKG studio microphones, e.g., the C 2000 B, C 3000 B, and C 4000 B.
- At present, the only microphones including an H 85 shock mount as a standard accessory are the C 414 B-XLS and C 414 B-XL II.