API 512c Discrete Mic/Line Pre Module
The API 512c is a mic / line / instrument preamp designed to provide a low noise, unusually good sounding front end for all types of audio systems. Sonically, it offers the distinct API sound at an extremely affordable price. Offering low noise (-129 EIN) and 65 dB of gain, the 512c includes phantom power, and switchable polarity, -20 dB pad and Mic/Line or Instrument selector. Front panel XLR and 1/4 inch connectors combined with rear panel mic access allows for additional flexibility when installed into an API lunchbox®, API's 10 position 500V vertical rack, or an API console.
The API 512c remains faithful to the circuit designs of API's founder, Saul Walker. Fully featured and still hand assembled, the 512c carefully preserves the original sound character that made it so much a part of the early days of recording. Offering high headroom and a wide variety of inputs and input access points, it is equally at home in the commercial recording studio as it is in the home project studio.
The 512c Mic/Line Preamp makes use of the 2510 and 2520 op-amps and therefore exhibits the reliability, long life, and uniformity which are characteristic of all API products.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 50 dB of gain
- Front Panel Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for monitoring output level
- 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- Uses the famous API 2520 Op-Amp