Arturia MiniBrute 2S
Arturia Minibrute 2s Product Overview by GAK
The MinBrute 2S is a hybrid sequencer-synth from Arturia which uses the same high-powered synth capabilities and modular set up as the Minibrute 2.
The biggest difference between the two products is the Minibrute 2S removes the 25-note keyboard and replaces it with a triple-layered step sequencer. The multi-mode arpeggiator features multiple modes, tap tempo and rock-solid sync.
The 2S' semi-modular setup allows you to take control of every parameter on the unit, whether you want to dig deep into the oscillators, filter to your hearts content, use the envelope to shape your sounds the 2S has all the tools to get you where you want to go.
Arturia Product OverviewTaking the vast sound design potential of MiniBrute 2 and supercharging it with an advanced, triple-layered step sequencer. Combining Arturia’s legacy of joyful, intuitive sequencers with attitude-packed synthesis, and expanding into the blooming world of Eurorack modular with a comprehensive mod matrix patchbay, MiniBrute 2S will give your music the Brute Factor™.
Despite its power, MiniBrute 2S’s massive synth potential remains accessible and fun to use. Thanks to its analog, semi-modular architecture, you have hands-on control of every parameter, so you can oscillators, ride your filters, sync your LFOs, and control your envelopes on the fly to create a sound that’s unique yours, bound only by your imagination.
Open up exciting new possibilities by patching in signals from your modular collection to alter MiniBrute 2S’s sound, or patch signals out to your modular to sequence or shape them from MiniBrute 2S’s myriad controls. With this synth at your command, your creative workspace will become an experimental sound laboratory.
Not only does MiniBrute 2S feature an awesomely powerful, triple-layered step sequencer and multi-mode arpeggiator, it’s also decked out with high quality, pressure and velocity sensitive performance pads. MiniBrute 2S perfectly suits adventurous electronic musicians who feel comfortable dropping the traditional keyboard for a more contemporary interface.
- Powerful, triple-layered step sequencer
- Mixable, multi-waveform VCO1 and VCO2 with sound shapers: Sawtooth, Ultrasaw, Square, Pulse, Triangle, Metalizer, and Sine waves, with fine and coarse tuning modes, noise generator, and external input
- Beefy, acidic Steiner-Parker multimode filter
- Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, notch, and bypass
- ADSR envelope generator, and extra multi-mode, CV-controllable AD filter
- Brute Factor™ adds subtle drive effects to full blown havoc
- Comprehensive CV Gate modulation matrix with 48 patch points lets you control many elements of the synthesizer and sequencer
- 2 LFOs with multiple waveforms, can run in sync with the sequence
- Sequencer and Arpeggiator, syncable with MIDI and USB
No upgrades available
Great synth, but scared it may lead me down the Eurorack path, but hey...
This is a beast of a machine. Loving Arturia stuff lately.
Build quality is excellent. Sounds great, sequencer is incredible, and the patch bay fills me with excitement. So much potential. Feel at this point (had it just over a week) that I'm just scratching the surface, but I'm so excited to have the Minibrute 2S as part of my composing setup. Great service from GAK too.
Great fun. A powerful and easy to use synth. I buy lots of these sort of products and this has the clearest and most useful manual I have ever seen - perfectly clear even if you are totally new to synthesisers. The product is very well made and looks and sounds great. Really glad I bought it.