Aston Spirit Condenser Microphone
Aston Product Overview
The Aston Spirit is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilising a 1" gold evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer balanced circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you'll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Spirit. The Spirit is designed to deliver a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate micro-phone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Wave-form mesh head - this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers - www.astonmics.com/the-aston-sound
- PCB - market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills, just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Omni/Cardioid/Figure-of-Eight
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ( /-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kO: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94 dB SPL)80dB A-Weighted
- Pad Switches: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
No upgrades available
Super clean vocal, also using for saxophone which has produced a mega detailed sound and picks up a wide range of frequencies.
Great mic so far
Oh, this mic is punching way above its weight. Make sure you grab a Halo too.
This mic is top notch. Build quality for a condenser mic is awesome. It out performs most mics at double the price point. An excellent investment for any studio and I mean any studio from home to your top studio’s. It really is that good.