Avid Pro Tools S3 Control Surface Studio
Avid Pro Tools S3 Control Surface Studio
Small format, big mix Get a streamlined yet versatile mixing system for the modern sound engineer. Based on the award-winning Pro Tools | S6 control surface, Pro Tools | S3 delivers intelligent control over every aspect of Pro Tools and other DAWs. All in a more portable and affordable surface. But don’t let its small size fool you. While it’s ideal for space-confined and on-the-go mixing, it packs enormous power to handle large sessions and turn around projects faster. Plus, it pairs perfectly with Pro Tools | Dock and the Pro Tools | Control app to extend your workflow further.
Gain better control over your mix whether you’re making music or sweetening soundtracks. Interact with 16 touch-sensitive, motorized faders to bring more life to your mix. Record-enable tracks right from the surface. Solo, select, and mute channels. Change automation modes. Navigate projects using the touch strip transport controls. And keep an eye on your levels with the built-in meters.
- Take complete control of your studio Experience the deep and versatile DAW control only Avid can deliver. With its intelligent, ergonomic design and EUCON support, S3 puts tightly integrated recording, editing, and mixing control at your fingertips. Work smarter and faster—with your choice of apps—to expand your mixing capabilities and job opportunities. And because S3 is application-aware, you can switch between different DAWs in seconds. Plus, its compact footprint fits easily into any space, giving you full reign of the “sweet spot.”
- Work smarter and faster S3 combines a traditional console layout with the advancements of Pro Tools | S6, ensuring intuitive operation, regardless of your experience level. From interacting with tracks and editing plugins, to writing automation, you get the tactile control you need to create better mixes faster. With much more precision than working with a keyboard and mouse. Plus, when paired with Pro Tools | Dock and the Pro Tools | Control app, you can accelerate your efficiency even more.
- Experience exceptional integration and ergonomics No other surface offers the level of DAW integration and versatility that Avid control surfaces provide, and S3 is no different. Its intuitive controls feel like an extension of your software, enabling you to mix with comfort, ease, and speed. Plus, you’ll get plenty of rich visual feedback to inform and guide you towards creating that perfect mix.
- Create your mix, your way With EUCON technology at its core, not only can you mix sessions using Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, and other DAWs, you can also customize the surface for your task at hand. Create up to 12 custom mixer layouts and recall them to the surface at any time. It’s ideal for mixing drums, vocals, dialog, sound effects, and other groupings. Plus, you can switch between applications with ease, giving you the choice to work with what you want. And the capability to take on any project that comes your way.
- Set up a studio in any size space Whether you’re at home, tucked in a small suite, or on the go, S3’s compact size, power, and extensive DAW control put you in the driver’s seat of your studio. Wherever you want it to be. What’s more, S3 features a built-in 4x6 interface, enabling you to record, mix, and monitor sessions with just the surface and your laptop (supports 48 kHz and 96 kHz, Mac only). Or monitor audio using S3 standalone. No additional audio interface required.
- Use the same technology pros trust S3 delivers incredible workflow acceleration, highly responsive handling, and deep DAW integration. All of it built on proven technology, trusted by top audio professionals in the most demanding production environments. The result: you get the exceptional, dynamic performance you need to deliver the best sounding mix possible—on time, every time.
- WINDOWS: OS Windows 7 (32- or 64- bit), Windows 8 Processor 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) RAM 1 GB (32-bit) / 2 GB (64-bit) Hard disk space 500 MB Ethernet port 10/100 Base-T
- MAC OS X: OS Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher (32- or 64-bit) Processor Intel processor RAM 1 GB (2 GB or more recommended) Hard disk space 500 MB Ethernet port 10/100 Base-T
- Channel strips/faders: 16 (up to 6 fader banks)
- Encoders: 32 total (each with high-resolution OLEDs and tri-color function indicator)—16 assignable encoders, 8 channel control encoders, 8 global control encoders
- Metering: 16 10-segment meters, with pre- and post-fade metering options
- Analog inputs: 4 total—2 XLR mic/line inputs and 2 TRS line inputs for connecting mics, instruments, and other devices for recording (supports 48 kHz and 96 kHz, Mac only
- Analog outputs: 4 total—2 XLR line outputs and 2 TRS line outputs for connecting studio monitors (supports 48 kHz and 96 kHz, Mac only
- Headphone output: 1 (1/4-inch TRS) with level control
- Ancillary: I/O 2 USB 2.0 ports (for connecting a keyboard and mouse ), 1 footswitch port (1/4-inch TRS), Kensington lock slot
- Height (front, rear w/knobs):1.3 inches, 2.8 inches (3.2 cm, 7.2 cm)
- Width: 28 inches (71 cm)
- Depth: 14.3 inches (36.3 cm)
- Weight: 13.8 lbs (6.2 kg)
- Avid Pro Tools
- Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate
- Avid Media Composer
- Avid Media Composer | Ultimate
- Avid XMON EUCON
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Premiere
- Apple Logic Pro
- Digital Audio Denmark DADman
- Harrison Mixbus
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Magix Sampitude
- Magix Sequoia
- Merging Technologies Pyramix
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Mackie Control/HUI-enabled applications
- Ableton Live
- Cockos REAPER
- Propellerhead Reason
No upgrades available