Behringer EuroPower EP4000 Power Amplifier
Behringer EuroPower EP4000 Product Overview by GAK
The EP4000 is a power amp from Behringer delivering up to 2 x 2,000W at 2 ohms, 2 x 1400W at 4 ohms, and 4,000W at 4 ohms in bridge mode.
Its Precise Power, Signal, and Clip LEDs let you monitor performance, and its XLR and 1/4" TRS jacks allow for compatibility with any source.
Selectable low-frequency filters let you remove distracting infra-sound frequencies, and its independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects your amp and speakers without stopping the show.
Behringer Product Overview
The EP4000 builds on the incredible legacy of our EP2500, which is one of the best-selling power amps in the industry. Our proprietary Accelerated Transient Response (ATR) Technology gives the EP4000 the massive power reserves needed for deep and impactful bass response, which translates into a more natural sound quality that will bring your audience to its feet – and keep them there! With an amazing 4,000-Watts of output power (2 x 2,000 Watts @ 2 Ohms; 2 x 1,400 Watts @ 4 Ohms; 4,000 Watts @ 4 Ohms in Bridge mode), the EP4000 is the perfect amplifier for medium-sized club gigs, mobile PA systems, church services or public spaces.
The über-simple front panel controls of these amps give you all of your sound’s vital signs at a glance. After flipping the Main switch, the Power LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials as well as Clip LEDs that indicate when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also Signal LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone fast enough to match a bass beat. That’s called Transient Response and it’s the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of our circuitry, the EP4000 reacts instantly to even the most demanding bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound.
- 2 x 2,000 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 1,400 Watts into 4 Ohms; 4,000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR and 1/4" TRS input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) remove distracting infra-sound frequencies
- Independent limiters per channel offer reliable protection against overload and distortion
- High-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and absolute reliability
- Ultra-reliable Toshiba/Fairchild power transistors
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- Back-to-front ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- Built-like-a-tank, impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany