Behringer Model D Analogue Synthesizer
Behringer Model D Synthesizer Overview By GAK.
The Behringer Model D takes inspiration from a certain classic synthesizer from Moog. A 3 oscillator subtractive analog synth with a ladder filter, noise generator, and flexible envelopes. Add to that MIDI, CV I/O, Eurorack compatibility and then check the price tag and you will find a synth that is going to find many many friends indeed. Just not many in Asheville NC.It's all there. Three punchy oscillators, classic 24dB/octave voltage-controlled filter with resonance, envelopes, LFO, portamento, the works. All instantly familiar only smaller. The Behringer D is a Eurorack-sized reincarnation of the legendary analogue monosynth that started it all. From fat pulsing basses to searing leads to celestial pads: the Behringer D puts a world of musical expression under your fingertips. Throw a patch from the Main Out to the Ext In, crank the Ext In Volume until you hit overdrive, play a note, and twist the filter cutoff.
The fat, punchy sound of the D is bolstered by Behringer's addition of an overdrive circuit you can patch in and control via the Ext In jack and volume pot in the Mixer section. But analogue synthesis is not always about blistering leads and belching basses. This synth is also capable of eerily accurate simulations of acoustic instruments such as woodwinds, brass, and strings. The Behringer D's classic VCF a vital component of subtractive synthesis is the soul of this synth. Behringer has done an outstanding job here: the D's filter sounds amazing - smooth and musical, with a nice bite when you dial in a bit of resonance. From aggressive to serene, the Behringer D deploys a universe of sonic possibilities.
Accented with wooden end cheeks, its petite, Eurorack-sized chassis sports old-school synth knobularity that's hard to keep your hands off. The continuous pots feel great, too: smooth and solid, with the perfect amount of resistance. The detented rotaries and rocker switches also deliver satisfying tactile feedback. Three voltage-controlled oscillators deploy beastly sonic firepower, while the classic control set affords an enormous amount of real-time tweakery. There's also generous CV connectivity for semi-modular flexibility and interfacing with legacy gear. Behringer has packed all the essentials (and then some) into this little jewel of a synth.
- Authentic reproduction of original 'D Type' circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Complete Eurorack - solution main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Overdrive circuit adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Dedicated and fully analogue triangle/square wave LFO
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Pure analogue signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenylene Sulphide capacitors
- 48 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Net weight (kg): 1.7
- Product EAN: 4033653031363
- Packaged dimensions (HxWxD mm): 103x822x257
- Transport dimensions (mm): 103x822x257
- Gross Weight (Packaged) (kg): 2.6
- Packaging: Retail Box
- Item priced per: 1
- Inner box quantity: 1
- Outer box (HxWxD mm): 0x0x0
- Gross weight outer carton (kg): 0
- Paper weight (kg): 0.85
- Plastic weight (kg): 0.05
Fantastic synth for the price, the sound is amazing!
Good synth and quick service from GAK
dece product so far.. only just got it though, so I can't vouch for it's long-termness
What can I say ?? the beringer model D ( mini boog) is a fantastic faithful recreation of the mini moog and loads of fun ! A must for all muff wigglers out there especially if you want that stranger things sound! I have aspergers syndrome and my sensory thing is sound and this delivers the goods! Plus it's built like a fecking tank ?? GET ONE!!!
Sounds like a moog to me , hours of fun , really well made too