Behringer X32 Rack 40 Input Digital Mixing Console
Behringer X32 Rack Product Overview by GAK
The X32 mixer from Behringer is looking to change the game when it comes to mixing. With no faders on the unit, it can either be controlled using your iPhone/iPad or using the onboard 5" colour TFT high resolution screen. The benefit of freehand mixing with a handheld device is that you're able to mix from the best possible spot in the venue.
Onboard the X32 you will find 16 Midas designed mic preamps and 40-bit floating point DSP, giving the unit little, to no latency. There is also main LCR, six matrix buses, 6 band parametic EQ and full dynamic processing onboard, among other fantastic features.
Behringer Product Overview
Thanks to its legendary onboard X32 mix engine, the X32 RACK can be your top-notch studio recording interface today, control a complex theatre production tomorrow, or sit securely in your side-rack while you mix your band’s club gig from your iPad. A revolution in its own right, the incredible X32 RACK combines the finest analog I/O and powerful digital connectivity with ample processing for 40 channels, 25 buses and up to 152 signal sources.
You can easily control every parameter of the mix directly on the X32 RACK using the 800 x 480 graphic UI, but the awesome flexibility of networked remote control literally opens up an amazing world of possibilities. Use our X32-EDIT PC/Mac/Linux application, X32-MIX for iPad, X32-Q for iPhone/iPod touch and X32-Q for Android to control the mix from anywhere in the room. You can even run multiple instances of these powerful apps at the same time, giving your performers the ability to mix their own personal monitors on-the-fly!
With its 16 MIDAS-design mic preamps and dual AES50 ports, the X32 RACK can support up to six S16 digital stage boxes for massive I/O connectivity. Ultra-flexible routing options and 8 powerful stereo FX engines make the X32 RACK the ideal choice for handling audio now – and as your needs grow.
The BEHRINGER X32 has changed the game by completely rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and hundreds of thousands of users are enjoying the results. A fluid workflow coupled with a fully interactive user interface ensures immediate familiarity and instills confidence. Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price – changing the game entirely.
Three companies shared a common vision – to engineer and build the very best-sounding, technically-advanced audio products for discerning professionals. The X32 Digital Mixer family is the result of the engineering, manufacturing and application expertise of legendary console manufacturer MIDAS, the iconic signal processing genius of KLARK TEKNIK and BEHRINGER’s unique ability to deliver a superior value proposition.
The synergy between these three great companies runs deep in the X32. From the pristine, MIDAS-designed mic preamps to KLARK TEKNIK’s rock-solid, ultra-low latency SuperMAC networking technology and BEHRINGER’s completely re-engineered processing algorithms, X32 raises the bar on what a digital mixer can be. A singular passion for delivering advanced technology, unrivalled usability and true road-worthiness has enabled us to engineer a digital console that is the ideal vehicle for your creative expression. But we’re just getting started!
- 40-Input Channel, 25-Bus Digital Rack Mixer with 16 Programmable MIDAS Preamps, FireWire/USB Audio Interface and iPad/iPhone* Remote Control
- It can be your top-notch studio recording interface today, control a complex theater production tomorrow, or sit securely in your side-rack while you're mixing your band's club gig from your iPad. The X32 RACK is a revolutionary new product genre that combines finest analog I/O and powerful digital connectivity, with ample processing for 40 channels, 25 buses and up to 152 signal sources.
- While every parameter of your mix can be adjusted directly on the X32 RACK through its 800 x 480 graphic UI, networked remote control literally makes room for new possibilities. Several instances of our XControl PC/Mac application, XiControl app for iPad/iPad mini and XiQ app for Phone/iPod touch allow controlling the mix from exactly the place you find most suitable.
- 16 MIDAS-design mic preamps provide plenty of inputs-and with its dual AES50 ports, X32 RACK can support up to six S16 digital snakes for massive I/O connectivity.
- 8 powerful stereo FX engines coupled with ultra-flexible routing options make the X32 RACK the ideal choice for handling audio now-and as your needs grow.
- TRACKTION 4 puts the fun back into the creative process, so we're including it free of charge with select BEHRINGER products. This powerful, yet easy-to-use music production software is unlike anything you've seen before, putting everything you'll need on your desktop, on a single-screen - without the sea of drop down and hidden menus common to most other DAWs. And TRACKTION doesn't limit the number of tracks you can record, or the number of effects you can use. In fact, the only limitation is your Mac or PC computer's processing power. Recording and editing couldn't be easier; simply drag, drop, cut, copy or paste. Once your magnum opus is finished, share it with other "Tracktioneers" so they can listen, collaborate and edit.
- Native FX plug-ins ranging from dynamics to modulation, reverb and more
- Support for available third party AU, VST and VSTi plug-ins
- Mix Automation
- Safe Record
- Loop Recording
- 64-bit, 192 kHz Mix Engine
- Audio Clip manipulation
- MIDI Editor
- Filters - Volume / Pan, Level Meter, 4-Band EQ, Aux Send & Return and FX
- Export to a variety of formats such as .wav, .aif, and .mp3
- 40-input channel, 25-bus, 3U rack-mountable digital mixer for live and installed sound application
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, a phones connector and a talkback section with XLR mic input
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge-no host PC required
- High-resolution 5" day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and all 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready** via dual AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P16 Personal Monitoring System**
- Networked remote control via Ethernet for show setups with on-screen software editor
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX "Plug Ins", downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany