Behringer Xenyx Q502USB Mixer
Behringer Xenyx Q502USB Product Overview by GAK
A 5 input mixer from Behringer, the Q502USB will give you high quality sound, unrivalled by other mixers at the same price point.
Onboard you will find a XENYX mic preamp alongside the impressive "British" channel EQ. You will also find Behringer's "one knob" compressor on the unit.
The built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface is extremely useful, allowing you to connect the mixer directly to your computer.
Behringer Product Overview
The ultra-compact XENYX Q502USB mixer’s 5 Inputs (1 mic, 2 stereo) allow you to effortlessly achieve premium- quality sound, thanks to its onboard studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamp and ultra-musical “British” channel EQ. And our easy-to-use “one-knob” compressor provides total dynamic control for the ultimate in punch and clarity, while respecting all the power and emotion you pack into every note. Add to this, the sweet forgiveness of our British-style EQ and superb ease of use – and the Q502USB becomes an incredibly versatile mixer for your live performances. But the XENYX Q502USB isn’t just designed to handle your live gigs; it also provides the state-of-the-art tools you need to make stunning, professional-quality recordings. Along with its built-in USB/audio interface, the Q502USB mixer comes with all the recording and editing software needed to turn your computer system into your own personal high-performance home recording studio.
The XENYX Q502USB gets its name from our legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the XENYX Q502USB provides such transparent, crystal- clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the majority response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What is compression? We’re glad you asked. Compression essentially limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds, to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs find challenging. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. With this one knob, you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. This is indeed a rare feature for products in this class – but standard on the XENYX Q502USB mixer.
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll – without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on your XENYX Q502USB mixer is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
- What's a Compressor? - Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous - dynamic compression. What's compression? Glad you asked. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate sound techs have difficulty mastering. Our "one-knob" compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. Our "one-knob" compressors come standard on each and every XENYX Q Series USB mixer.
- Sonically Superior Mic Preamps - All XENYX mixers have one thing in common; great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic preamps are a tremendous step in the evolution of audio technology- and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to expensive, boutique-style mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. As a result, XENYX mixers provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance that you just might think someone upgraded your microphones while you weren't looking.
- Sweet British EQ - The British consoles of the 1960s and '70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Without them, the British Invasion might not have even happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on our XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
- Recording Ready - There was a time when the recording process called for lots of specialized gear, which meant the average musician had to buy time at a recording studio-and that time was expensive! But modern technology has put personal recording well within the reach of virtually anyone with access to a computer. But how do you get all that music flying around your brain into a computer? That's where XENYX Q Series mixers come in. Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source connected to the mixer can be recorded straight to your hard drive. Which brings us to software"¦
- How About Some Free Software! - Because you'll want to take full advantage of your XENYX QX Series mixers' recording and podcasting potential, we've put together a massive software download at www.behringer. com that includes Audacity (the most popular open source audio editor), Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software). You're ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins, turning your computer into a complete home-based or mobile recording studio.
- XENYX Q502USB - Got a solo gig at the local coffee shop, or just need to make a quick public announcement? Simple sound calls for the simply excellent XENYX Q502USB, the 5-input, 2-bus mixer with everything you need for incredible sound. Thanks to onboard phantom power, Q502USB's XENYX mic preamp can handle dynamic, as well as a studio-grade condenser mic. Elegant in its simplicity, the British-style, 2-band EQ provides warm and musical tone correction. The Q502USB also sports RCA CD/Tape I/O, handy for playing break music or for recording your set.
- Outstanding Value - No matter what your audio mixing needs are, BEHRINGER QX Series USB mixers provide the performance and features to take your talent to the next level, at a price sure to amaze you. Try one on today-we've got one in your size!
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- State-of-the-art, phantom powered XENYX Mic Preamp comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Studio-grade compressor with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Neo-classic "British" 2-band EQ for warm and musical sound
- Main mix, 2-Track plus separate headphone outputs
- 2-Track inputs assignable to headphone output or main mix outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany