Carl Fischer Stanton Moore: A Traditional Approach To New Orleans Drumming
FOR DRUMMERS OF ALL LEVELS & STYLES
Stanton Moore, Crescent City native and one of the scene's hottest drummers, takes you through a rhythmic-rich tour of New Orleans drumming. In this first of two DVD's, Stanton demonstrates the elements of traditional New Orleans drumming and provides many performance examples that include members of the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, George Porter and Ivan Neville. Stanton also includes a bonus section with legendary New Orleans drummer Johnny Vidacovich, providing a deeper look into the feel and colorful elements of this style.
The unique flavor of New Orleans drumming is made up of a melting pot of rhythmic traditions drawing from African , European, Afro-Cuban, Afro-Haitian and many other cultures. With this DVD, you'll learn the roots and history of Second Line drumming and how to apply its feel to enhance your overall groove. You'll see and hear how the use of clave, accents, and simple, straightforward stickings can lead to the creation of your own unique style, so you can Take It to the Street!
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- An overview of the history and influence of Second Line drumming
- Practical ideas that bring originality to your groove
- split screens and overhead shots for a clear view
- Performances that show Stanton's special grooves in a musical text
- Performances by members of the Dirty Dozen Band, George Porter and Ivan Neville
- A special bonus section with legendary New Orleans drummer Johnny Vidacovich
- Stanton's gear