Casio AP-270 Celviano Digital Piano, Black
Casio Celviano AP-270 Black Digital Piano overview from GAK
Casio's Celviano range is a family of practical digital pianos that with the utmost attention to detail and sound tech, offering the playability and sound quality of high-end traditional pianos and the practicality and functionality of modern digitals.
The AP-270 features scaled hammer action keys for a superb response, 22 harmonically rich voices produced by Casio's AiR Sound Source technology, 60 play-along tracks and an onboard 2 track recorder to capture those moments of inspiration.
The AP-270's 88 keys have been crafted to feel exactly like those found on a traditional grand piano. Tri-Sensor II Scaled Hammer Action keys provide a weight against applied pressure and allow for highly expressive performance. Both the touch sensitivity and hammer response are adjustable, so you can fine-tune your keys to suit any playing style. The full Celviano range also features simulated ebony and ivory key tops that give each key a textured feel close to that of a traditional acoustic piano.
At the heart of the AP-270 is its award-winning AiR Sound Source, Casio's jewel in the crown. The 22 available tones include two brand new life-like stereo grand piano voices with realistic damper response, and an additional 'New York' grand piano tone with a wide dynamic range. Additionally, the AP-270 also features an array of electric pianos, organs, harpsichord, strings and other voices to suit a wide range of genres and styles.
The AP-270 has a superb built-in speaker array with a powerful stereo amplification system, cleverly positioned within the piano body for the maximum efficiency and listening experience (2 x 8 watt). The speakers sound great even at high volume, providing clear highs and deep bass with no distortion or muddiness.
The AP-270 also packs some great onboard effects, four 'Reverb' options give the piano a wide sound akin to playing in a larger space such as a concert hall or cathedral, whilst four available 'Chorus' effects emulate the classic detuned sounds synonymous with popular piano models from the 70's.
'Concert Play' gives you the ability to play along to ten recorded orchestral pieces, with an option to include or remove the piano part and slow down the music without affecting pitch. For further learning, there are a large number of other ensemble style tracks in a range of genres and styles to play along to (without the option of removing or including piano). Duet mode allows you to split the piano into two equal pitch ranges for teaching, two voices can be layered atop of one another and the key array can be split down the centre with two separate voices for ensemble style playing. With an onboard two-track MIDI recorder the AP-270 gives you a number of recording options such as recording two separate sounds on top of one another, recording the left and right keys sections independently and recording your Concert Play sessions.
With a slim cabinet, the AP-270 is ideal for the home and the classroom, with a stunning finish including a sliding lid to protect your keys and a full pedal system. Boasting fantastic voices and a touch-response as realistic as you can get on a digital, the AP-270 is a great piano for both the budding amateur and professional player, apt for the stage, studio, home or classroom.
- - 88 keys, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard Ⅱ, Simulated ebony and ivory keys, 3 sensitivity levels,
- - Sound Source : Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR
- - Polyphony (maximum) : 192
- - Number of Built-in Tones : 22
- - Hammer Response, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise - (ON / OFF)
- Digital Effects
- - Hall Simulator / Reverb - 4 (Reverb), Chorus - 4, Brilliance - (-3 ~ 0 ~ 3), DSP - (Preset for some tones)
- - Concert Play - 10 songs, Controller - Start / Stop, Mode - Listen / Lesson / Play,
- - Music Library - 60 Songs, Song Expansion (User Songs) - 10 songs (max.) Up to approximately 90 KB / song
- Additional Features
- - Connection to app, Lesson Function - Part ON / OFF, Lesson Part Select - Right hand, Left hand, MIDI Recorder - 2 tracks, 1 song, Approximate Data Capacity - Approximately 5,000 notes total, Duet Mode, Octave Shift - ±2 octaves, Metronome - 0 to 9 beats; tempo range : 20 to 255, Pedals - 3 built-in pedals (damper, soft, sostenuto)
- Key Transpose
- - 2 octaves (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control
- - A4 = 415.5 Hz ~ 440.0 Hz ~ 465.9 Hz
- Number of Preset Temperaments
- - 17
- - ・GRAND PIANO 1 button ・GRAND PIANO 2 button ・Single plate keyboard cover ・Auto Power Off: Off after approx. 4 idle hours (default setting)
- Connectivity and Storage
- - PHONES/OUTPUT, Connector for 3-Pedal Unit, USB TO HOST
- Speakers Size
- - 4.72" x 2
- Speakers System
- - 2-Speakers
- - 8 W + 8 W
- - 55.79" x 17.0" x 32.32"
- - 80.69 lbs.
- Included Accessories
- - AC Adaptor, Music Stand