Charvel Marco Sfogli Signature Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR CM QM, Transparent Purple Burst Overview
Italian guitar phenom Marco Sfogli, of progressive metal bands PFM and Icefish, is a highly regarded and highly influential player. His technical genius and proficiency in any genre have been showcased through his own solo efforts and at countless recording sessions, including work on Dream Theater vocalist James LaBrie’s solo albums and his own role as a JamTrackCentral instructor.
Charvel pays tribute to the guitarist and composer with the introduction of the Marco Sfogli Signature Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR CM QM.
The instrument’s resonant alder body is capped with a rippling quilt maple top and features a scalloped lower back bout and the sculpted shredder’s cut heel for comfortable and unencumbered upper-fret access. The bolt-on maple neck has a ““caramelized”” heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, along with graphite reinforcement, satin finish on the back, Luminlay side dots and a conveniently located heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel.
Designed to deliver unrivaled playability, the 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard has a more pronounced curvature across its width near the nut for comfortable chording, and gradually flattens to a very slight curvature toward the upper frets for blazing fast solos and comfortable bends. The rolled fingerboard edges and 22 jumbo frets combine for even more enhanced comfort and high-performance playability.
Given Sfogli’s propensity to cut across genres ranging from progressive metal to jazz, he required extremely versatile and well-balanced pickups in an HSS configuration. He selected an EMG ’89 for the bridge, which houses separate preamps and coils to deliver that warm and powerful humbucker punch along with that bright and chiming single-coil sound. A pair of active EMG SA single-coil pickups in the middle and neck positions bring even more of that unmistakable Strat sound— bright and airy with rich low end. Tap into these expansive tonal options using the five-way blade pickup switch, tone control and volume control with push/pull coil splitting for the bridge pickup.
A Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system provides excellent tuning stability throughout flutters and aggressive dive bombing.
Sophistication personified, the Marco Sfogli Signature Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR CM QM is clad in a gorgeous Transparent Purple Burst finish with black pickguard, skirted black Strat-style control knobs, chrome hardware and a licensed Fender Strat headstock.
- 25.5” scale length
- Alder body with quilt maple top
- Bolt-on caramelized maple neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back
- 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
- Luminlay side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- EMG 89 humbucking bridge and EMG SA single-coil middle and neck pickups
- Active electronics
- Five-way blade pickup switch and skirted black Strat-style control knobs for volume (with push-pull bridge pickup coil splitting) and tone controls
- Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Charvel-branded sealed die-cast tuners, Charvel neck plate and standard strap buttons
- Available in Transparent Purple Burst with black pickguard, chrome hardware and licensed Fender Strat headstock