Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ V, Metallic Black
For the seasoned player who defies the status quo and demands more from a high-performance hot rod bass, the brand-new Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ V does it all by combining modern appointments with throwback Charvel DNA.
The sleek alder body shape is a familiar one—straight from the original Charvel San Dimas basses of late 1970s, with the deeper cutaway that gave adventurous bassists effortless upper-register access.
The super-thin bolt-on maple Charvel speed neck is crafted in the original style, with a gorgeous caramelized treatment, graphite reinforcement and heel-mount truss rod wheel for easy adjustment. The 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard gradually flattens from nut to heel for fast, smooth playing, and has rolled edges, 20 jumbo frets and Luminlay side dots.
The Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ V blends the powerhouse voice of DiMarzio (just like our original Charvel bass guitars) with an all-new Charvel five-string pickup —an Area J DP551 at the bridge offers well-rounded punch while the Charvel 5-String Split-Coil P in the middle delivers classic warmth, kick and clear tone. Versatile electronics include three-band active EQ, pickup blend control and a master volume control with push/pull selector. The push/pull selector eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery as a quick pull on the volume knob bypasses the EQ's active circuit and regains sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
A Charvel HiMass bridge, Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut and open-gear tuners combine for stellar tuning stability with improved note punch and sustain.This 5-string, 34”-scale bass is presented in Metallic Black or Platinum Pearl finishes with chrome hardware, black pickup covers and licensed Fender Precision Bass headstock shape.
- Five-string model with 34” scale length
- Alder body
- Bolt-on caramelized maple “slim C” speed neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 20 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
- Luminlay side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- DiMarzio Area J DP551 bridge and Charvel 5-String Split-Coil P middle pickups, each with black covers
- Active electronics
- Master volume control with push/pull selector to engage or bypass active EQ circuit, pickup blend control and three-band active EQ (bass, mid and treble) controls
- Charvel HiMass bridge
- Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut, open-gear tuners, vintage-style disc string tree, and oversized strap buttons
- Available in Metallic Black or Platinum Pearl with chrome hardware and licensed Fender Precision Bass headstock shape