Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 HH Trem, Natural Ash
Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 24 HH Overview.
Charvel’s all-new ultimate in sonic sophistication and design virtuosity is the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 24 HH 2PT CM Ash—a stunning summit of modern Charvel vibe, power and performance.With one of the most beloved and iconic body shapes as our starting block, our innovative design team sculpted even more dramatic curves for enhanced ergonomic comfort. The ash So-Cal Style 2 body also features a scalloped lower back bout and shredder’s cut heel for easier upper fret access and hours of grin-inducing playing-feel and performance.
A graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck offers rock-solid stability regardless of ravages of the road and climate, while a heel-mount truss rod adjustment thumbwheel makes for quick and easy neck relief tweaks. Engineered for effortlessly nimble and highly-expressive playing, the So-Cal Style 2 has a speed neck profile with hand-rubbed urethane finish on the back and a 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets, pearloid dot inlays and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut. Luminlay® side dots will guide your way along the fretboard, even on the darkest of stages.
Built for unparalleled performance and versatile sound, this instrument is equipped with multi-voiced Fishman® Fluence Open Core PRF-COC pickups for layered, dynamic tone. The bridge pickup delivers quintessential hot-rodded humbucking tone without all the baggage (voice one), or ideal vintage PAF humbucking tone calibrated for perfect output (voice two). Similarly, the neck pickup delivers a Fluence-exclusive tone with clear and airy chime, unbelievable high end, highly vocal midrange and tight lows (voice one), or an ideal-but-elusive vintage PAF tone with just the right dynamics and output (voice two). A two-way mini toggle allows you to switch between these two voicings, while a tone control with push/pull activation bypasses the mini toggle to activate voice three, which outputs clear, vintage single-coil tone on the neck pickup or slightly overwound single-coil tone on the bridge. Throw in the three-way blade pickup switch and volume control knob and tonal possibilities are virtually endless.
This model also features Charvel-branded sealed die-cast locking tuners, standard strap buttons and a Gotoh Custom 510 tremolo bridge for smooth action, improved vibration transfer and enhanced sustain.
A sophisticated new offering ready to spawn waves of sonic bliss, the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 24 HH 2PT CM Ash is finished in either Black Ash with black pickguard and black hardware or Natural Ash with black pickguard and chrome hardware. Both of these raw beauties are capped off with a reverse licensed Fender Telecaster headstock.
Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 24 HH:
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: So-Cal Style 2
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action with Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Open Core PRF-COC
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Open Core PRF-COC
- Controls: Volume, Tone (with Push/Pull Activation for Voice 3)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Both Outer Coils, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Gotoh Custom 510 Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Luminlay Side Dots