Darkglass ADAM Preamp Pedal
Introducing the Darkglass Electronics ADAM - Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine pedal. With 2020’s release of the ELEMENT, Darkglass Electronics impressively proved they have many more tricks up their sleeves than just producing iconic bass distortion circuits and amplifiers. Now they are unveiling their most ambitious release to date - the Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine AKA the ADAM. The culmination of a collaboration with Adam “Nolly” Getgood, who not only is a good friend of Darkglass and just happens to be one of the most celebrated artists in today’s metal scene, ADAM sets out to capture his trademark signal chain and studio setup in one stunning and remarkably compact enclosure.
However, ADAM is much more than a mere bass pedal. With a full feature-set of Compression, Distortion, IR Cabinet Simulation, 6-band EQ, Tuner, Audio Interface, Bluetooth and MIDI (plus signal chain presets), the result is a fully-fledged performance, recording and practice floor device. By combining all these features into one slick package, Darkglass Electronics have made ADAM a tool for opening up truly boundless realms for tone shaping, sound exploration and creative experimentation.
Out of the box, ADAM offers a bank of 5 IR Cabinet Simulations and the ability to add many more through the Darkglass Suite, via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth. In addition to a continuously increasing database of Impulse Responses, the Darkglass Suite also has the potential to load any custom IR that you may have, from different sources. Plus, as time goes on, there will be future upgrades that further increase the functionality of the pedal.
The Compressor section is based on an emulation of a classic rackmount FET compressor unit, plus ADAM also features a separate multiband compressor for the clean side chain. While the Drive section is based on all the various dirt tones Nolly uses and is known for, captured to perfection.
ADAM sports a unique and innovative touch slider interface for its 6-band EQ. Utilising fully-tactile slider potentiometers, each with multi-colour positioning LEDs, not only render ADAM visually appealing, they also make it extremely intuitive to use along with top-notch precision. In addition, all the main potentiometer controls also feature LED ‘light-rings’, so you can see what your settings are at a glance.
The three innovative, fully programmable rotating preset footswitches are capable of storing and instantly recalling your unique blend of compression,
distortion, impulse responses, EQ parameters and signal chain settings.Including a USB-C audio interface and balanced stereo outputs for studio monitors, ADAM is also equipped with an accurate chromatic tuner that works perfectly with down-tuned guitars and basses too. Add in the latest Bluetooth A2DP technology to listen to backing tracks from your smartphone or tablet while playing, rehearsing or studying and a headphone output and the ADAM becomes one of the most helpful tools you will have to help you make music!
- Adam "Nolly" Getgood signature pedal-captures his trademark signal chain in a compact enclosure
- Exclusive blend of Compression, Distortion, Cabinet Simulation, EQ and signal chain settings
- Three separately switchable channels controlled via 3 multi-function switches (push/rotate)
- -A / ‘FET-Style’ Compressor - 5 modes + bypass
- -B / Distortion - 5 modes + bypass
- -C / Cabinet simulation - 5 Impulse Responses + bypass
- Separate Side-Chain Clean Multiband Compressor
- 6-band graphic equalizer with unique touch sensitive sliders
- 5 potentiometer controls for Compression, Drive, Character, Blend and Level
- Integrated HQ headphone amp with separate volume control
- Free Darkglass Suite via USB for PC/Mac or Bluetooth via mobile app
- -for loading additional IRs
- -control of Bluetooth audio in
- -control of audio interface
- Two balanced 6,3 mm (Left/Right), balanced XLR and 3,5 mm headphone outputs
- Bluetooth and 3,5 mm Aux connections (allows jamming with backing tracks)
- USB-C audio interface
- MIDI IN via 3,5 mm TRS
- Powered by 9 V DC PSU (centre -, 2.1 mm, ~ 500 mA current draw)
No upgrades available
Incredibly versatile pedal. Love the range of tones you can get from it, and how accurate it is when it comes to adjusting settings. Super easy to use, sounds amazing!