DW Performance Series 4 Piece Shell Pack 22in, Black Diamond
DW Performance Series Product Overview
Combining the latest grain technology with hand-selected North American Maple, the Performance series looks and sounds exactly like a DW drum set should.
Perfect for a live setting with ample resonance and projection
The pack includes; a 22x18in Bass Drum,a 10x8in Rack Tom (includes STM Mount), a 12x9in Rack Tom (includes STM Mount) and a 16x14in Floor Tom.
DW Product Overview
This is a DW drum set in every way. No detail has been overlooked, no corners have been cut. Its look and sound are decidedly DW.
Custom-inspired, with a new Quarter Turret lug, low mass die-cast claw hook, new badge, logo head and your choice of 4 hand-sprayed Specialty Lacquer, a Tobacco Satin Oil, or 4 ultra-durable FinishPly finishes, it's designed to get noticed and most importantly, Performance sounds like what you'd expect from DW. Easy to tune, superior sounding HVX shells, along with DW heads by Remo USA, STM (Suspension Tom Mounts), True Pitch Tuning and DW 45 degree back-cut bearing edges, all make these drums sing.
Performance Series offers a brand new shell technology devised by John Good and the DW Custom Shell Shop in California. Combining the latest grain orientation technology and hand-selected North American Hard Rock Maple, Performance Series' proprietary HVX shells deliver a low, punchy fundamental, with ample resonance and projection that's perfectly suited for live applications.
Performance Series 8in Toms feature a 7-ply HVX construction, while the Snares feature 10-ply HVX, and the 10-16in, along with all Bass Drums, feature 8-ply HVX construction.
Performance Series Finishes: DW Performance Series Drums are now available in a new Tobacco Satin Oil and 4 Ultra-Durable FinishPly Finishes in addition to the original 4 Hand-Sprayed Specialty Lacquer Finishes.
Please note: Image for illustrative purposes only. Hardware stands and cymbals are not included.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- 22x18in Bass Drum
- 10x8in Rack Tom (includes STM Mount)
- 12x9in Rack Tom (includes STM Mount)
- 16x14in Floor Tom (includes Legs)
- Hardware Colors: Performance Series drums are available exclusively in Chrome. This includes lugs, hoops, STM, and tom legs. The Performance Series "turret lug" is a scaled-down version of the famous round DW lug, while the snare drums get a unique "propeller" look all their own. Keep in mind, our stands are available in Chrome, Black Nickel, and 24 Karat Gold.
- Graduated Counter Hoops: Performance Series are available exclusively with Chrome Standard Triple Flange Hoops to give your drums a great versatile sound. Steel Triple Flange Hoops come in graduated weights (1.6mm for 8 & 10in toms, 2.3mm for 12-18in toms, and 3.0mm for snares).
- STM - Suspension Tom Mount: DW's patented STM (suspension tom mount) system allows drums to vibrate freely, allowing maximum resonance while securely holding the drum in place. Because there are no washers or grommets inhibiting the lug rod receiver, choking is reduced and tuning is as easy as ever. (U.S. Patent #5520083)
- DW MAG Snare Throw-off System: To give drummers even more control over their sound, DW created its patented True-Pitch rod system. The rods feature 5mm threads rather than the 12/24 that's standard on most other drums. To compare, there is 1 thread every 0.8mm on our True-Pitch rods (about 20% more threads), versus 1 thread every 1.05mm on most other drums. The result is a more exacting tuning process. True-Pitch rods are only available in chrome and gold.
- Floor Tom Legs: Performance Series floor toms are available exclusively with our standard Chrome plated Steel 21in legs.
No upgrades available
My only complaint is that the necessary clamps to affix the toms to the Cymbal stands were not supplied as part of the kit. The advert said the kit came with the suspension tom mounts and whilst this was correct, it misled me to believe that this was everything I needed to mount the toms. It would help if you made it clear that the clamps are required but are not supplied as part of the kit