Epiphone Limited Edition Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom 7 String
The Epiphone Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom 7 string is a totally killer take on the world famous Les Paul Custom. Designed in collaboration with Matt Heafy this guitar represent his approach to 7-string guitar. The standard code on "how-to-play a Les Paul" is completely jettisoned when Heafy plugs in and sets things to destroy. His revolutionary use of an LP Custom seven-string has been a breakthrough in contemporary metal and hard rock.
This Les Paul Custom features a traditional sounding all black Ebony gloss finish, but it's pretty different in appearance to the regular Ebony Custom. Like every Les Paul should this 7-string Ltd. Ed. Custom features a solid mahogany body with a plain maple veneer top. It has Epi's venerated '60's SlimTaper 'D' profile neck, glued in-place with a deep set Axcess neck joint, for amazing upper fret access. It also has a 12" radius ebony 'board with pearloid block inlays. It has a 1 7/8" nut, that gives you the perfect 7-string spacing.
Matt Heafy asked for black active EMG pickups in his signature guitar, so that's what these instruments have. These are some of the most popular pick-ups for metal guitars ever designed and produced. In this case they're an EMG-707 in the neck position and an EMG 81-7 in the lead or bridge position. The 81-7 is EMG's king high output pickup, designed especially for 7-string lead guitarists. The EMG 81-7 excels at high volume overdrive. The EMG-707 has long been the standard-7-string guitar pickup since its introduction in 2001. The 707 features Alnico V magnets with wide aperture coils, which beef up the low B tone while offering a more responsive and super tight overall sound. An easy-access 9V battery compartment can be found on the back of each guitar.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the UK's best prices - 01273 665400
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Plain Maple Veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-Set Neck Joint with "Axcess" heel
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply (Black/White); "MKH Les Paul Custom" in white silkprint
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with pearloid Block inlays
- Neck Pickup (7-string): EMG-707
- Bridge Pickup (7-string): EMG-81-7
- Knobs: Black Speed Knobs
- - Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector; White toggle cap
- - Neck Pickup Volume
- - Bridge Pickup Volume
- - Neck Pickup Tone
- - Bridge Pickup Tone
- - (Active) 9V battery compartment in back
- - Body Top - 7 ply (White/Black)
- - Headstock - 5 ply (White/Black)
- - Fingerboard - 1 ply (White)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge (7-string): Tune-o-matic-7/Stopbar
- Nut Width (7-string): 1-7/8"
- Hardware: Black
- Machine Heads: Deluxe Diecast with metal Tulip Buttons 14:1 ratio
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty with metal output jack plate
- Colour: Ebony (gloss)
- Includes: Epiphone StrapLocks