Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO, Vintage Sunburst
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO is a new take on one of Epiphone's most influential semi-acoustics. New touches include Epiphone's awesome ProBucker pickups, with coil-tapping, and a Graphtech NuBone XL nut to help keep everything in tune.
John Lee Hooker is quoted as referring to the Sheraton as "an out-did 335" and the Sheraton has always been renowned for for its beautiful inlays. Originally released in 1959, the inspiration for the or ES series has its roots in Les Paul's first solid-body guitar, lovingly referred to as "The Log". These guitars take a solid centre section and add semi-acoustic wings so you get the best of both worlds. Deep semi-acoustic tone, and the ability to turn it up on stage without the hassle of feedback. Something the burgeoning rock and blues scene of the '60s desperately needed.
By adding a few subtle modern touches, the new Sheraton-II PRO is a great testament to how good the original design of the Sheraton was.
Call GAK now for Epiphone advice and info and the UK's guitar prices - 01273 665400
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Top: Laminated Maple
- Neck: 5-pc Hard Maple/Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-in, set
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with "block and triangle" inlays/Pearloid and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: Graphtech® NuBone XL
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- -Top: 5-ply (Ivory/Black)
- -Back: 1-ply (Ivory)
- -Neck: 5-ply (Ivory/Black)
- -Headstock: 5-ply (Ivory/Black)
- -"f" Holes: 1-ply (Ivory/Black)
- Headstock: Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- -Bridge Volume with coil-tapping
- -Neck Volume with coil-tapping
- -Bridge Tone
- -Neck Tone
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: StopBar
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply; (Black/White); Vintage "E" in White
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover® Rotomatics™, 18:1 ratio
- Strings: D'Addario® 10-46 gauge
Amazing range of tones, beautiful guitar, total quality. From mellow jazz blues to hard rock, played through a decent amp this guitar sounds as good as it looks - Beautiful.
Good solid guitar with classic looks. High standard finish, great tones from Gibson pickups. Very versatile and perfectly set up. Highly recommended for the price.