EVH 5150 Deluxe, Ebony Fretboard, Quilt Maple, Blue Burst
EVH 5150 Deluxe, Ebony Fretboard, Quilt Maple, Blue Burst Overview.Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150® QM is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernized features.
Like its predecessor, the 5150 features a modified Strat®-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and matching “hockey stick” headstock with EVH® logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a quick access three-way toggle on the lower bout. The custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 Humbucker bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang humbucker neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A high-friction tone knob provides unmatched tonal performance, while the custom designed EVH-branded lowfriction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells.
Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, each locking nut tailpiece features fine tuners and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A stylized modern spin on a fan favorite, the 5150 QM is sure to stun with a rippling quilt maple top that is elegantly dressed in TobaccoBurst or Transparent Blue Burst and finished off with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines.
- Series: 5150®
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Top: Quilt Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Shape: Modified “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Headstock: EVH® Hockey Stick
- Position Inlays: Cream Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® R3 Locking, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod : Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge: Top-Mount EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with
- EVH® D-Tuna®
- Pickups: EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot), Tone (250K
- EVH® Bourns® High Friction)
- Control Knobs: Black “Speed”
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strings: EVH®-Branded (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Striped Hardshell (p/n 022-6100-506); Optional
- EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)