EVH Wolfgang WG Standard QM, Baked Maple Fingerboard, Northern Lights
EVH Wolfgang WG Standard Overview.
The Wolfgang WG Standard QM boasts the same style and massive sound Eddie Van Halen created—at a price the everyday musician can afford.
Offering many of the blazing features as its more expensive brethren, the Wolfgang WG Standard has a basswood body with special “comfort cut” forearm contour for maximum playing ease, along with attractive masked-off natural body binding and an elegant quilt maple top. Its bolt-on baked maple neck with graphite reinforcement rods hold strong against the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a conveniently located spoke wheel at the base of the neck makes for quick and painless truss rod adjustments. Designed for comfortable playability and speed, the Wolfgang WG Standard also features an oiled finish on the back of the neck and a 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
Dual EVH Wolfgang humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, resulting in sustain for days on end. Two black speed control knobs have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications—the smooth-feeling 500k pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the crisp high-end sparkle of the Wolfgang pickups. The EVH-branded Floyd Rose Special bridge and R2 locking nut consistently keep the guitar in tune through the deepest whammy dives and horse whinnies.
Tested live onstage where it counts, the Wolfgang WG Standard QM is decked out for playing performance and comfort, and available in an array of stage-stealing new finishes featuring black headstocks and black chrome hardware.
EVH Wolfgang WG Standard Specs:
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: GLoss Urethane
- Body Shape: Wolfgang
- Neck Material: Baked Maple
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang Backshape, 0.790" @ 3rd - .880" @ 12th
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Baked Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose R2 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Two-Way Adjustable
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking
- Middle Pickup:
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black Chrome
- Tuning Machines: EVH Branded
- Control Knobs: Black Speed
- Strings: EVH Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)