Fender Limited Edition HM Strat Maple Fingerboard, Flash Pink
Fender Limited Edition HM Strat Overview.
For those in the know, the Fender Limited Edition HM Strat will no doubt be one of the most exciting releases from NAMM this year, available in four colours Flash Pink, Bright White, Frozen Yellow and Ice Blue. It was used by many of the Late '80s Rock and Metal players as well as many prolific Shredders due to it's slim, fast easily playable neck, high output pickups which sing under distortion and the Floyd Rose trem for dive bombs. Very limited numbers so don't be dissapointed!
The limited-edition HM Strat sports the same unique look and specs that helped the ’88-92 models compete with the hot-rodded Strat impersonators of the day. Built in the same factory as the original, the HM (for Heavy Metal) Strat features a narrow “C” neck, with unique 25.1” scale, 17” radius maple or rosewood fingerboard with 24 Jumbo frets for nearly effortless bends and technical fretwork. A Floyd Rose Special recessed bridge keeps everything perfectly in-tune even after the deepest dive-bombs and the high-gain HSS pickup configuration delivers hot humbucker tones in the bridge that can be split for more traditional Strat sounds when combined with the single coil neck and middle pickups. Other features include Gotoh tuners, molded ‘F’ logo knobs and black headcap with highly stylized ‘80s-era “STRAT” silk logo.
Available in four original era-correct Day-Glo colors – Frozen Yellow, Flash Pink, Ice Blue and Bright White.
Fender Limited Edition HM Strat Specs:
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Narrow C
- Scale Length: 25.1 (638 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 17 (432 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.660 (42.1mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: HM Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: HM Single
- Neck Pickup: HM Single
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade Switch
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuners: Gotoh® Cast/Sealed
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Gigbag
Great playability, fretboard feels so comfortable.