Gibson Midtown Standard (Ebony)
What if you married the best attributes of Gibson's classic archtops together with the innovative solid-body designs Gibson USA currently offers? Taking a cue from our past, Gibson USA mixes historic design with modern styling to come up with the ultimate hybrid Gibson, a new breed of electric guitar that offers ultimate "Tonestry." This new Gibson recipe creates a whole new level of sonic versatility, resulting in an instrument that's perfect for an amazingly wide range of musical genres. With a trimmed-down and more player friendly body size that still emulates the best of Gibson tradition, built with solid-wood construction rather than a laminated top and back, the Midtown Standard with Bigsby® truly embodies the optimum marriage of solidbody and archtop'and its twin '57 Classic humbuckers, top-notch hardware, and Bigsby® vibrato tailpiece are just the icing on the cake.
The Midtown Standard with Bigsby® starts with a solid mahogany body that is strategically chambered for optimum resonance. A solid maple top with f-holes is glued to this foundation, finished in your choice of high-gloss Faded Red or Ebony Black. A solid mahogany neck is carved to a fast, comfortable '60s-style profile that measures .800" at the 1st fret and .875" at the 12th, and capped with a bound Grade-A rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets. Tidy white binding accentuates the body and fingerboard, while eye-catching mirror dot inlays adorn the fingerboard, and the headstock wears a simple yet elegant mother-of-pearl Gibson logo.
Plugged in, this understated hotrod runs the gamut of classic Gibson tones, thanks to a pair of '57 Classic humbucking pickups and a no-nonsense control array of a single master volume and tone, along with Gibson's traditional three-way toggle switch. A '57 Classic in the neck position offers tones that are creamy and warm yet always articulate, while a slightly hotter '57 Classic Plus in the bridge yields raunchier crunch and scorching lead tones, with round, funky tones available from the both-pickups selection. These great humbuckers from Gibson USA are made with genuine Alnico II magnets and wound with 42 AWG wire, just like the legendary PAFs of the late '50s and early '60s, and offer a blend of depth and clarity that few pickups can match today. A Bigsby® vibrato tailpiece extends the Midtown with Bigsby's playing range even further, with the aid of a TonePros® roller-saddle bridge, designed to put keep you in tune even with heavy whammy action. Put it all together, and it's a great modern take on some of the world's most classic electric guitar designs.
Each guitar comes protected in a plush-lined hardshell case with black exterior, and includes owner's manual and adjustment literature, along with Gibson's two year warranty and 24/7/365 customer service.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- -Top: Maple
- -Back: Mahogany
- -Body Type: Semi-Hollow, Chambered with F-holes
- -Binding: White
- -Species: Mahogany
- -Profile: '60s-style SlimTaper™
- -Truss Rod: Traditional Adjustable
- -Species: Rosewood
- -Frets: 22
- -Radius: 12"
- -Nut/E.O.B: 1.695"/2.26"
- -Inlays: Mirror Dots
- -Scale Length: 24.75"
- -Material: Corian
- -Width: 1.695"
- -Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- -Type: DSDC
- -Logo: Mother of Pearl Gibson
- -Truss Rod Cover: Black and White Antique Bell
- -Model: Keystone Tuners
- -Plating: Chrome
- -Tuning Ratio: 14:01
- -Type: TonePros® Roller Tune-O-Matic
- -Type: Bigsby® Vibrato Tailpiece (Bigsby® B-70)
- -Knobs: White Speed Knobs
- -Toggle Switch Washer: White with Red Silkscreen
- -Pickup Mounting Rings: White Plastic
- -Control Plate Cover: Black Acrylic
- -Strings: .010 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- -Strap Buttons: Aluminum End Pins
- -Neck Position: '57 Classic (Alnico II)
- -Bridge Position: '57 Plus Classic (Alnico II)
- -Potentiometers: 1 Master Volume, 1 Master Tone
- -Type: 300k Linear Volume, 500k Non-linear Tone
- -Coil Wiring: Machine Wound
- -Toggle Switch: Three-way Switchcraft with White Plastic Tip
- -Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- -Sealer: Nitrocellulose
- -Surface Texture: Smooth High Gloss
- -Type: DSDC Hardshell
- -Case Exterior: Black
- -Case Interior: White Plush
- -Additional Materials: Each Midtown Standard with Bigsby® comes with adjustment literature, and documentation for the guitar's two year warranty, along with Gibson's 24/7/365 Customer Service.