Ibanez AW80CE Artwood Dreadnought Electro Acoustic, Brown Ale Gradation
The Ibanez AW80CE Artwood series is the embodiment of Ibanez’s "modern approach to tradition." Cutting-edge woodworking technology enables Ibanez’s luthiers to reproduce the sophisticated bracing techniques of one-of-a-kind instruments of yesteryear.
While tradition is obviously the hallmark of the Artwood series, Ibanez’s decades-long search for the ultimate in acoustic tone has contributed to design alterations that have given Artwood guitars a voice all their own.
The Dreadnought body shape of the AW80CE, along with the solid Sitka Spruce top, delivers player comfort along with an enormous frequency range that offers wave after wave of shimmering highs along with tight mids and a full-bodied low end. Artwood guitars’ full sound is the result of using a solid Spruce top with Okoume as a back-and-sides material. The Ibanez T-bar under-the-saddle pickup equalises the volume from each string and delivers a well-balanced signal, while the Ibanez AEQ-TP2 preamp provides the extra punch of on-board EQ. Artwood models also boast a convenient and easy-to-read digital tuner, located on the instrument’s upper bout. The bone nut and saddle were chosen for their ability to transfer string vibration naturally. Ibanez Chrome open gear tuners ensure smooth and stable tuning.
- Body shape: Cutaway Dreadnought body
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce top
- Back & sides: Okoume back & Okoume sides
- Neck: AW Nyatoh neck
- Fretboard: Ovangkol fretboard
- Bridge: Ovangkol bridge
- Inlay: White dot
- Soundhole rosette: Black & White multi
- Tuning machine: Chrome Die-cast Tuner
- Nut material: Bone
- Number of frets: 20
- Saddle material: Compensated Bone
- Bridge pins: Ibanez Advantage™
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP16
- Pickup: Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle
- Preamp: Ibanez AEQ-TP2 preamp w/Onboard tuner
- Output jack: Balanced XLR & 1/4" outputs