Ibanez JEM77WDP Steve Vai JEM, Charcoal Brown Low Gloss
Ibanez JEM77WDP Premium Steve Vai Signature Overview by GAK:
Expected delivery in October
It is hard to believe the legendary Jem is in its 29th year! The groundbreaking design that Steve Vai introduced is pretty much unchanged, it has just evolved and been tweaked with each incarnation using different finishes, woods, pickups etc. So for this particularly fine example, rumoured as being named 'Woody', we have a Mahogany body with a Rosewood top- an unusual body wood (and top!) for a Jem and one from which you'd get a warmer, full sound. The new DiMarzio Dark Matter 2 pickups are also engineered with a slight softness on the top end but still have the output to kick your amp into overdrive.
- Neck: Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck w/KTS™ TITANIUM rods
- Body: Mahogany with Rosewood top
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Tree of Life inlay
- Frets: Jumbo frets w/Premium fret edge treatment
- Bridge: Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge
- Neck pickup: DiMarzio® Dark Matter 2™ (Passive/Ceramic)
- Middle pickup: DiMarzio® Dark Matter 2™ (Passive/Ceramic)
- Bridge pickup: DiMarzio® Dark Matter 2™ (Passive/Ceramic)
- Factory tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- String gauge: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Hardware colour: Cosmo black
- NECK DIMENSIONS:
- -Scale length: 648mm/25.5"
- -Width at nut: 43mm
- -Width at 24th fret: 58mm
- -Thickness at 1st fret: 18mm
- -Thickness at 12th fret: 20mm
- -Radius : 400mm/15.75"