Korg KR-55 Pro
Korg KR-55 Pro Product Overview by GAK
The KR-55 Pro from Korg is an impressive drum machine that can be used as the backbeat of your jam sessions. The unit features 24 built-in drum/percussion styles which have all been specially recorded using KORG's 'Real Groove Technology.'
By utilising the drum machines chain function it's possible to arrange a whole song to play throughout your performance, each drum styles has various choices of patterns meaning the possibilities are endless.
The KR-55 also includes a recording function. Perform along with a drum loop and the combined result will be recorded onto an audio file on an SD card.
The unit is completely battery-powered (with up to seven hours of use) allowing you to take it with you everywhere without the need to ever plug it in.
Korg Product OverviewThe ultimate drum sound, anytime and anywhere! Numerous rhythm patterns built into a practical interface! The new KR-55 Pro is a multi-function rhythm machine that’s also equipped with mixer/recorder functionality.
Experience the same musical support as if a pro drummer were sitting in on your session. The KR- 55 Pro gives you an easy way to enjoy jam sessions with the backing of real drum/percussion sounds. It provides a rich variety of input jacks, mixer functionality, effects, an equalizer, as well as a versatile recorder that can record to an SD card. The intuitive interface means that there’s no need for complex programming. BaThe battery-powered operation allows complete mobility from desktop to street performances, or use in a variety of situations including live events in small spaces.
- 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using KORG’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology.”
- Each rhythm style includes a rich variety of patterns: two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending.
- Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically.
- A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing
- multi-channel mixing.
- A high-quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound.
- You can perform along with a rhythm style, and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card.
- Multi-track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks.
- The audio player function supports loop playback and automatic consecutive playback.
- The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility. You can also tune while hearing a guide tone.
- Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound.
- The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use.
- A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot.
- Drum/percussion sound that overturns your concept of a rhythm machine
- The KR-55 Pro features “Real Groove Technology” which uses data recorded from actual professional musicians
- performing at various tempi, and is a completely different technology than conventional rhythm machines. There are a total of 24 high-quality rhythm styles, each fine tuned to provide the best possible feel, to accurately reproduce the experience of playing with a percussionist. The sounds, grooves, and phrases will play back at pristine quality even if you change the tempo, so you can enjoy playing serious jam sessions at your own pace.
- Use the chain function to easily create sophisticated rhythm tracks
- Each rhythm style includes a wide variety of patterns: two variations in addition to basic, fill-in 1, and fill-in 2. This
- means that the KR-55 Pro can provide the accompaniment for an entire song. By using the chain function, which lets you put together and memorize a different rhythm style for each measure, you can freely create even complex rhythm tracks. Up to 30 banks of chains can be stored, and each chain can be up to 999 measures long.
- A rich array of input jacks and full-fledged mixer functionality