Korg MS-20 Mini Mono Synth
Korg MS-20 Product Overview
More compact than the analog classic, the new Korg MS-20 mini in no way packs a smaller punch than the original! Featuring the same sonic topology, functions and design as the original MS-20 but adding a USB socket for direct DAW control. This semi-modular monophonic synthesiser has the same 2VCO / 2VCF / 2VCA / 2EG / 1LFO with ring modulation, and envelope generators with hold and delay that made the original a stalwart in the sonic armoury of artists such as APHEX TWIN, THE PRODIGY, SOULWAX and JEAN MICHEL JARRE to name but a few. The Korg MS-20 Mini Mono Synth will add a touch of retro chic and boundless sonic experimentation possibilities to any professional or project studio.
- Overseen by the engineers of the original MS-20; a complete replication of the original analog circuitry:
- - 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
- - Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- - External signal processor (ESP)
- - Extremely flexible patching system
- Faithful recreation of the MS20 at 86% of the size
- MIDI IN and USB connector
- Replicates every detail of the original, down to the package binding and the included manual
- The classic MS-20 -resurrected in mini size!
- An analog synthesizer that reproduces the original circuitry from 1978
- Korg's MS-20 monophonic synthesizer, first introduced in 1978, is still a coveted instrument to this day, thanks to its thick, robust sound, its powerful, iconic analog filter, and its versatile patching options. Over 300,000 people have enjoyed the distinct MS-20 sounds from the original, from Korg's MS-20 plug-in synth, and the iMS-20 iPad app.
- Today, the sounds of the MS-20 have been reborn as the MS-20 Mini. The same engineers who developed the original MS-20 have perfectly reproduced its circuitry and fitted it into a body that's been shrunk to 86% of the original size, yet retains the distinctive look of the original that remains unfaded despite the passage of time.
- The MS-20 mini will amaze you with its absolutely authentic analog synth sound.
Hours of fun. I always wanted the original back in the day and I've not been disappointed with this remake.