Korg MS-20 Mini Mono Synth
Korg MS-20 Product Overview
More compact than the analog classic, the new Korg MS-20 mini in no way packs a smaller punch than the original! Featuring the same sonic topology, functions and design as the original MS-20 but adding a USB socket for direct DAW control. This semi-modular monophonic synthesiser has the same 2VCO / 2VCF / 2VCA / 2EG / 1LFO with ring modulation, and envelope generators with hold and delay that made the original a stalwart in the sonic armoury of artists such as APHEX TWIN, THE PRODIGY, SOULWAX and JEAN MICHEL JARRE to name but a few. The Korg MS-20 Mini Mono Synth will add a touch of retro chic and boundless sonic experimentation possibilities to any professional or project studio.
- Overseen by the engineers of the original MS-20; a complete replication of the original analog circuitry:
- - 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
- - Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- - External signal processor (ESP)
- - Extremely flexible patching system
- Faithful recreation of the MS20 at 86% of the size
- MIDI IN and USB connector
- Replicates every detail of the original, down to the package binding and the included manual
- The classic MS-20 -resurrected in mini size!
- An analog synthesizer that reproduces the original circuitry from 1978
- Korg's MS-20 monophonic synthesizer, first introduced in 1978, is still a coveted instrument to this day, thanks to its thick, robust sound, its powerful, iconic analog filter, and its versatile patching options. Over 300,000 people have enjoyed the distinct MS-20 sounds from the original, from Korg's MS-20 plug-in synth, and the iMS-20 iPad app.
- Today, the sounds of the MS-20 have been reborn as the MS-20 Mini. The same engineers who developed the original MS-20 have perfectly reproduced its circuitry and fitted it into a body that's been shrunk to 86% of the original size, yet retains the distinctive look of the original that remains unfaded despite the passage of time.
- The MS-20 mini will amaze you with its absolutely authentic analog synth sound.
Excellent First synth for anyone getting in to the hardware style of music steepish learning curve but you will learn alot and literally see and feel the results happening in front of you so it's first class for that.
Hours of fun. I always wanted the original back in the day and I've not been disappointed with this remake.