Kurzweil PC3K7 Sampling Keyboard Workstation
In addition to all of the innovative features that made the PC3 a major success, the PC3K features 128 MB of non-volatile user sample memory. Utilizing a breakthrough in sample flash technology, the PC3K allows user samples to remain intact after a power-cycle, with zero load time upon powering back on. The PC3K can load .WAV files, but more importantly, it can load legacy Kurzweil .K files from the K2000, K2500 and K2600 keyboards. This opens up a whole new world of sonic possibilities; users can now combine the PC3K's unmatched Dynamic V.A.S.T. synthesis engine with the staggering library of K Series samples generated by users and developers alike for over 15 years.
Along with K Series samples, the PC3K will support the importing of most K Series keymaps, programs and setups, providing seamless integration for existing K series customers and an enticingly large collection of sounds for new Kurzweil users to explore. From Broadway performers and high profile pop stars to working players, the PC3K will allow musicians who've relied on Kurzweil for years to continue using their sounds with the next generation of our technology, without having to start over from scratch.
In addition to the ability to load samples, the PC3K offers basic sample editing and full keymap editing. Of course, all of the features and presets that made the PC3 so popular are present as well; anti-aliasing VA oscillators, improved KB3 Mode, Classic Keys, Orchestral and String Sections sound sets, the renowned Kurzweil Grand Piano, Cascade Mode, 16 independent Riffs and arpeggiators, Song Mode and QA mode, unparalleled MIDI control, and the list goes on.
Another major improvement added to the PC3K is the inclusion of a USB host port to support the use of thumb-drives for data loading and storage as well as OS updates.
The PC3K is already in use in Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Love Never Dies" sequel to "Phantom of the Opera." Just as past major musical productions like "Miss Saigon" and "Wicked" have relied heavily upon the K2600's Setup Mode functionality, "Love Never Dies" called for a level of detailed performance control that could only be found in a Kurzweil. Also, critical to the project is the ability to load and re-use programs and samples that had been developed for the K series. The PC3K's support for .K26 files and its 128 MB of non-volatile user sample memory meant that Webber's team would be able to seamlessly transition from the K series to the PC3K with minimal effort.
The score calls for four PC3K's being played alongside a small ensemble of real winds, strings and percussion. The keyboards have made it possible to re-create the massive sound of an 80 piece full orchestra utilizing a pit-sized group of musicians, with the digital instruments working to augment and enhance the acoustic ones
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Keyboard: 76 note semi-weighted-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys. (Fatar TP8)
- Display: 240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
- Multi-timbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analogue emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Factory Presets: 1074 Stunning Factory Presets
- Factory MIDI Setups: 150 factory programmed MIDI setups - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
- Sample Flash Memory: 128MB of re-loadable**, non-volatile, user flash ROM (loaded samples stay in memory even after power cycle).
- File Compatibility: Loads from - PC3: all objects | PC3LE: all objects | K2 Series: the majority* of Setups, Programs and Keymaps. All RAM Samples are loaded. (see the V2 Addendum manual for details) | AIFF and WAVE audio files | O/S V2 or later required
- General MIDI: Standard
- User Memory: 16,000 locations for user objects.
- Sound ROM Expansion Slots: 1
- Sequencer: Unlimited tracks (on import); 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- Effects: 16 insert effects distributed over 11 busses, two auxiliary sends and two Master Effects (saved with each song and setup); featuring over 500 of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
- Master FX Section: User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance or putting the final touches on your studio mix. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 10 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program.
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
- Riffs: 16 unique "Riff" generators, used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller.
- Analogue Outputs: Four 1/4" balanced TRS analogue (24-bit DACs).
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output.
- Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192-kHz modes. (externally clockable)
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
- USB Computer Port: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3K to load/save data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
- USB Storage Port: Supports USB thumb-drives for loading/saving user data as well as performing OS updates.
- Dimensions (HxDxL): 4.33" x 13.98" x 47.75" / 11.00 cm x 35.50 cm x 121.29 cm
- Weight: 37.35 lb. / 16.94 kg
- Power: Internal AC power supply. Selectable 120/240V AC operation.
- *Samples can be loaded via direct-USB connection and/or USB thumb-drive but are best loaded via USB thumb-drive as direct-USB capacities are limited.
- **Compatibility with K RAM samples will be 0. Compatibility with K programs will be around 80%