Lewitt LCT 940 Condenser Microphone
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Lewitt LCT 940 Product Overview by GAK
The LCT 940 from Lewitt combines a tube microphone with a large diaphragm FET in a single housing, allowing you to choose between the two signals or find your perfect blend of the two. You will find a dual triode 12AX7 tube onboard which delivers warm tube sound.
The microphones comes with an external remote control unit which features low-cut and pre-attenuation settings depending on the instruments you're recording and environment you are recording in. It also allows you to choose between the 9 polar patterns which include; Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, sueprcardioid, figure-8 and 4 intermediate patterns.
The LCT 940 also features a highly rugged build and comes with Lewitt's own Magnetic Pop Filter, removing sibilance and plosive sounds.
Lewitt Product OverviewThe LCT 940 combines a premium large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone and a top-notch tube microphone in a single housing. Choose between the two main settings of "TUBE" and "FET", or find your sweet spot in between - they are mixable at any possible ratio.
The dual triode 12AX7 tube delivers a warm and comforting sound with smooth high frequencies while still preserving the ability to cut through the mix. Low self-noise and high dynamic range exemplify how the LCT 940 is vintage design brought into the present.
The LCT 940 is like its country of origin; Vienna, Austria. It is a mixture of old and new, traditional heritage and high-tech. We love rich tube sound, and we love precision and transparency. The freedom of having both and everything in between makes the LCT 940 a dream come true for all recording professionals.
The externally polarized dual-diaphragm 1" capsule captures every nuance of your performance due to its 3-micron-thin, gold-layered, low-mass diaphragms. It can handle everything from vocals to full orchestras.
The illumination of the user interface makes a quick and accurate setup of pattern, pre-attenuation and low-cut possible - even in total darkness it is easy to check or change the settings on the remote power supply unit.
Use the Tube // FET blend control - find your perfect mix of warmth and absolute precision
The LCT 940 is packed with useful features that make your recording workflow easier!
The LCT 940 provides 9 polar patterns: omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8 and 4 intermediates.
- Type: Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar Pattern: Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8, four intermediate patterns
- Frequency Range: 20 ... 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa (cardioid), 20 mV/Pa, -34 dBV/Pa (omni), 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa (figure-8)
- Equivalent Noise Level (FET): 8 dB (A), cardioid, 9 dB (A), omni, 8 dB (A), figure-8
- Equivalent Noise Level (Tube): 12 dB (A), cardioid, 13 dB (A), omni, 12 dB (A), figure-8
- Max. SPL for 0.5 percent THD (FET): 143 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Max. SPL for 0.5 percent THD (Tube): 140 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Signal / Noise Ratio (FET): 86 dB (A)
- Signal / Noise Ratio (Tube): 82 dB (A)
- Dynamic Range Of FET mic. Amp.: 135 dB
- Dynamic Range Of Tube mic. Amp: 128 dB
- Pre-attenuation Pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB
- Low-cut Filter: Linear, 40 Hz (12 dB/oct), 150 Hz (6 dB/oct), 300 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: 1,000 Ohms
- PSU – Supply Voltage: 230 V, 50 Hz, 110 V, 60 Hz
- Current Consumption: 170 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 11-pin XLR
- Microphone Dimensions: 192 x 60 x 46 mm, 7.5 x 2.4 x 1.8 in
- PSU Dimensions: 250 x 150 x 70 mm, 9.8 x 5.9 x 2.8 in
- Microphone Net Weight: 662 g, 23.3 oz
- PSU Net Weight: 1930 g, 68.1 oz