Mackie 2404 VLZ4 4-Bus Mixer with USB
Mackie Product Overview
VLZ4 4-Bus mixers, now featuring Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps, deliver the next evolution of innovation to the legendary "Built-Like-A-Tank" construction plus effects and built-in compression in a 4-bus design that's perfect for larger mixing applications.
- Onyx Preamps - Now with Onyx mic preamps, VLZ4 provides proven performance that goes toe-to-toe with any boutique preamp on the market. Equipped with up to 28 Onyx preamps, means a VLZ4 4-bus mixer is the right choice for your professional audio application.
- RMFX Effects - Dual "Running Man" effects processors bring "Gig Ready" usable effects to your mixes, like a full rack of gear at your fingertips including reverbs, choruses, and an extremely useful tap delay.
- In-Line Compressors - Add an increased presence and punch to vocals and instruments with the four dedicated channel compressors. Use the four additional sub-group compressors to smooth and balance signals for simple, sweet dynamic control with the single twist of a knob.
- USB Interface - Use the integrated USB interface to stream up to 4-tracks to your favorite DAW software for a recording of the show or stream music from your computer during intermission breaks. You can even return audio directly to a channel for full access to EQ and auxes.
- Built Like A Tank - From beer spills to drops from moving vehicles, customers have proven time and again that VLZ mixers are truly "Built-Like-A-Tank." With a nearly indestructible steel wrap-around chassis and features like grime-resistant rotary sealed pots, they take the abuse that would simply destroy the competition.
- â– 4"¢Bus mixer featuring our signature high-headroom, low-noise design
- â– Boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps "¢ Ultra-wide 60 dB gain range "¢ 128.5 dB dynamic range "¢ 22 dBu line input handling
- "¢ Extended frequency response "¢ Distortion under 0.0007% [20 Hz - 50 kHz]
- â– Improved RF rejection, perfect for broadcast applications
- â– Phantom power for condenser mics â– Dedicated inline channel compression for critical inputs
- â– High-headroom line inputs with dedicated inserts
- â– 3-band EQ with sweepable midrange
- â– 18 dB/oct 100 Hz low-cut filter on mic input channels
- â– Level, pan, solo and overload/mute LEDs on each channel
- â– Four subgroups featuring dedicated inline compressors for total dynamic control
- â– Six aux sends with inserts, pre/post fader and internal/external FX send options
- â– Two stereo returns and four group outs with inserts
- â– Dual 32-bit RMFX TM processors featuring 24 "Gig Ready" reverbs, choruses and tap delay for live applications
- â– Integrated 4x2 24-bit USB interface "¢ Stream subgroups or master L/R to your PC or Mac for recording "¢ Use your favorite plug-in live via auxes 5/6 "¢ Convenient stereo return to mains for music playback or return to channel to implement EQ, auxes and more
- â– PFL/AFL solo modes â– 60 mm long-wearing log-taper faders â– High-resolution 12-segment stereo meters â– Sealed rotary controls resist dust and grime
No upgrades available
I mix in the box but needed a new analogue desk with plenty of inputs. The onyx pre amps are incredibly quiet, the sound is open and accurate, swicthing solid, EQ gentle with no nasty surprises. It would have been useful if the 2 onboard fx had a feedback control for the delays but I have plenty of good delays for mixing so not a real issue. At this price point I would say it's the best on the market.