Meris Ottobit Jr Lo-Fi Bit Crusher Pedal
Arcade Dreams Reborn, Did I stutter? Yes I did. An era when silicon defined sonics that were burned in our memory for years… The Meris Ottobit Jr. brings those sounds directly to your pedalboard.
The Ottobit Jr is more than a bit crusher and to call it that would be an insult. The triggered stutter and pitch/filter/crush sequencers take you to side scrolling, coin collecting maze worlds. Add in a resonant low pass that competes with the best analog synths and grandpa SID would be proud.
Meris Ottobit Jr controls:
- Sample Rate: Changes the sample rate from 48 Hz to 48 kHz. Alt Function: Step 1 First step of the sequence.
- Stutter: Changes the play speed and length of the stutter. Alt Function: Step 4 Fourth step of the sequencer
- Filter: Changes the cutoff frequency of custom filter. Alt Function: Step 2 Second step of the sequencer.
- Sequencer Play Mode: Sets Sequencer to Play Once, Play Twice, Play 4 Times, Play 8 Times, or Play Continuously. Alt Function: Step 5 Fifth step of the sequencer.
- Bits: Changes the bit depth from 1 bit to 24 bits. Alt Function: Step 3 Third step of the sequencer.
- Sequencer Multiply: Sets the sequencer speed as a multiple of the tap tempo. Alt Function: Step 6 Sixth step of the sequencer.
- Tap LED/Alt Function Switch: Blinks at tap tempo rate. Alt Functions are only accessible when ALT (HOLD) switch is held..
- Tap Tempo: Sets the speed and the timing of the Sequencer and the Stutter. Hold to freeze the Stutter Buffer.
- Bypass LED/Sequencer Type Switch: Switch LED Indicates bypass status. Small LEDs indicate active sequencer type. Both small LEDs OFF indicates sample rate sequencer active.
- Bypass: Processes signal when LED is ON, passes dry signal entirely in analog (buffered or relay) when OFF.
- Handcrafted Algorithms
- Variable Sample Rate and Bit Crushing
- Vintage Synth inspired Low-Pass Filter
- Triggered Stutter Effects
- Sequencer module for Pitch, Filter or Decimation pattern sequencing
- Tap Tempo for Sequencer and Stutter
- Stereo input and output
- Switchable input/output headroom level for Guitar, Synthesizer or Line levels
- Expression pedal control over all parameters simultaneously
- Presets available via external 4-Preset switch or MIDI
- MIDI in/out over TRS via the EXP jack
- Remote Tap Tempo Switch capable via the EXP jack
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
- Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
- Color – glossy black with subtle flake
- Designed and built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
- Premium quality 24 bit A/D and D/A
- 32 Bit floating point DSP hardware
- Premium low noise Analog signal path throughout
- Analog Devices JFET input circuitry
- Selectable True Bypass (Relay) or Analog Buffered Bypass
- 150 mA total power consumption
- Durable black powder coat with fine metal flake
- Current draw – <150 mA
- Dimensions – 4.25″ wide, 4.5″ long, 2″ tall
Great little pedal with many applications- synth /drum machine etc. Goes from subtle filter to crushed grit . Great for live use.
Incredible pedal with endless options . Meris is very impressive and I’m always curious to see what they do next . Delivery on time as promised .